The MP's campaign-Responses

moneyhelp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5889 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Already in contact with Andrew Miller MP and MEP, but will give him another nudge for luck this week, its been a few days since I last spoke to him and he will think his stalker has found someone else lol

However can I just ask one question...what is the objective to this and why have MP's been targetted?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

However can I just ask one question...what is the objective to this and why have MP's been targetted?
mrsfoot - we're trying to raise the profile of the not-very-satisfactory way in which the FSA has moved to protect the banks from having to deal with existing and new complaints during the duration of the OFT test case(which could be several years); yet hasn't extended the same courtesy to consumers, who will continue to incur the disputed charges.

This is a draft of a letter I'm collaborating on with some other users, which may explain in greater detail. Our action will hopefully have the effect of helping increase awareness of the issue - and we see political representatives and the media as effective channels for this.

• 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

I think just use whatever you might have left kenny! There doesn't seem to be much logic in the CAG lurrrve system :lol:

I like the avatar. We've gone political. I thought the war spirit was called for you look like you can handle a battle!!

Springburn man fae Glasgow!

Order!.... Orrrr-derrrr!! ;)

• Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

Springburn man fae Glasgow!

I didnae know he was fae Glesca! :D

Write to your MP and

WriteToThem.com - Email or fax your Councillor, MP, MEP, MSP or Welsh, NI, London Assembly Member for free This link is the best to use as as there is no limit to the length of the letter. if you use this link UK Parliament - alms the message is restricted to 4000 chars, this includes your personal details that you have to fill in in the message form. paragraphs, spaces and chars. In my case this left just over 3000 chars for the message. I had to edit MacBoys template so drasticaly that it ended up making no sense at all, so please use the Writetothem.com link. thanks, stone.hunter0cj.gif

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

bump.gif
  • Haha 1

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

By my reckoning, there are 44 out of 646 MP's emailed & written to, & 29 out of 78 MEP's emailed & written to.

You're doing great guys, Please, Please, Please keep spreading the word.thankyou.gif

It would great it if we could double that figure tomorrow.

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Stonedecroze - the link you are suggesting is the link that I'm giving out.

Mac

Write to your MP and

Order!.... Orrrr-derrrr!!

:D Good morning everybody!

We're starting the day out with 46 of 646 MPs!

That's JUST 600 TO GO! Let's see if we can get that up to 75-100 today!

Write to your MP and

Meanwhile I'll wait for the mods to move this thread to 'General' as requested last week..... :mad:

::::chirping crickets:::: ::::howling wind::::

tumbleweed.jpg

• Haha 1

Write to your MP and

Just a thought last night. Are you sure these e mails will get the intended response? I just think it is too easy to delete or just set up a template response to e mail everyone back.

I always felt it was better to write, then they would have to take the time to actually write back. Unless of course, they are going to write back and not just reply with e mails.

JMHO

PS Don't forget Alistair Darling ( and don't reply to me with 'OK Sweetheart':D

he's here [email protected] Don't forget to address it to The Rt Hon. Alistair Darling MP. The Treasury oversees the FSA and he is at the top.

DoS

Let's see what response these elicit - and respond accordingly. Perhaps we can discuss what we need to do to step up the pressure in the meantime..any ideas?

And we have written to Alaistair Darling....

...Hunny bunny! :razz:

Write to your MP and

Response this morning

Thank you for taking the trouble to to write to me about an issue which concerns you. However, this is not an matter in which I have any locus as an MEP as it is entirely for decision by the British Government. May I suggest that you contact your MP, who may be able to bring pressure to bear upon the appropriate Ministers.

Yours sincerely,

Rt Hon Sir Robert Atkins MEP

I knew there was a reason we send them to Brussels on bottomless expense accounts! :roll:

Write to your MP and

This is bl***y draining! Where are all these thousands of members when you need them?

No input from Mods. Still no reply from MSE Jenny, despite a PM sent on 4/8/07. Have most members been told not to help us? No-one on MSE seems to be interested. Complain to OFT FSA FOS and yr MP - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

had a lovely reply from my MP Phil Hope today ,, also said if you have knowledge of any individuals who are constituents of mine and are adversely affected by the delay in this case , please suggest they contact me personally and i will be happy to write to the FSA on their behalf and provide further advice ,, yeyy think he may be on our side lol .. so if my court case gets stayed i know where im heading ,, he gave me a list of his surgeries ect,, what a nice man :)

Good response DK... suggest you repost in this thread :D

Write to your MP and