The MP's campaign-Responses

moneyhelp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5889 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all, I'm currently finishing a list of MEP's on spreadsheet, so when I've done that, & if any of you want a copy, just PM me with your email or msn, & I will send it to you.

MEP's can also be contacted!

Have tipped your scales Jules, for spreading the word. Thanks for that.

• Haha 1

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well MEPs should be able to carry some weight on the Human Rights Issue, after all, it was a European law adopted by the UK, and so by at least alerting the MEPs we may be able to get something out to the wider world! Especially as the rest of Europe seem not to suffer with this problem!

I'd also suggest emailing a Lord or two as well - it can't do any harm!

Thanks for the laugh Jules!

Peter

Sign my petition to the Prime Minister here:

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

EricTheRed - don't worry I've got my eye on the tally and am issuing regular updates :D We're currently at over 30 - thanks for your addition!

• 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

Folks

Just a thought - when we see people making the effort to write to their MPs let's start recognising the fact and tipping their scales - just a little token of thanks but we're only going to get this done with everyone's effort and cooperation - especially as we're not currently getting any help from the site just now. What do you think?

• Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

I don't mind spreading a little love.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks DoS

Just so everyone's aware, I'm only recording Westminster MPs at the moment. But keep using this thread to record others (MEPs, MSPs, Lords, etc.) written to as well. The thread itself will be our reference for these.

Write to your MP and

Bob Ainsworth MP - now in receipt of e-mail....;)

Labour MP for Coventry North East

Minister of State (Armed Forces), Ministry of Defence (since 13 Jul 2007)

In his position as one of the top bosses of the armed forces perhaps he will be able to send the SAS into Barclays and get the £1300 for my wife's charges...started December last year!!:D

Here's my letter to Daniel Kawczynski, the tallest MP in history and member for Shrewsbury:

I am sure you are aware of the agreement by the major banks and the Office of Fair Trading to go to the High Court in order to decide once and for all if the amount they take from personal accounts in unauthorised overdraft charge levels is lawful.

I am sure you are also aware that the major banks have, without ever admitting liability, paid out millions of pounds to customers who have asked for their money back. They will not admit what the actual cost of these charges are, but experts agree the real cost is definitely less than the £30-£39 charged at the moment.

Until the court case has been resolved, the OFT has agreed to allow the banks to put on hold any payments or court proceedings they may face, while allowing them to continue to take these penalty charges.

Please can you, as my MP, use your influence to find out if the OFT's decision to put current claims on hold can be stopped, or, in the interests of fairness to the customers, if the banks could likewise agree to put their unauthorised overdraft charges on hold until the case is decided at the High Court.

Yours sincerely,

jessica'smum

I sent it middle of last week through theyworkforyou. He is usually as keen as mustard to help and handwrote an answer to my last question, so here's hoping!

• Haha 1

Well MEPs should be able to carry some weight on the Human Rights Issue, after all, it was a European law adopted by the UK, and so by at least alerting the MEPs we may be able to get something out to the wider world! Especially as the rest of Europe seem not to suffer with this problem!

I'd also suggest emailing a Lord or two as well - it can't do any harm!

Thanks for the laugh Jules!

Peter

Please, please everyone. Whatever you do, omit these 3-

Lord Geoffrey Archer,

Lord Mike Watson

Lord Conrad Black

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Folks

Just a thought - when we see people making the effort to write to their MPs let's start recognising the fact and tipping their scales - just a little token of thanks but we're only going to get this done with everyone's effort and cooperation - especially as we're not currently getting any help from the site just now. What do you think?

Great idea. Does it need to be done on a rota basis. Sorry, but the love runs out, etc.

Hi Guys

Letters e-mailed to;

Derek Twigg MP Halton

Mike Hall MP Weaver Vale

Brian Simpson MEP North West

Lets see if we can ALL add to this great site.

• Haha 1

30-12-2006--Requested statements from Local Halifax.

02-02-2007--Statements Recieved.

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

20-04-2007--Reply , Thanks , give us 8wks letter.

02-0502007--Sent L.B.A. & Schedule of Charges

11-05-2007--Recieved reply ,still investigating.

17-05-2007--Sent Amended L.B.A. for Contractual Interest this time.

14-06-2007--Received standard Bog Off letter.

13-06-2007--Took N1 to Local Courts.

26-06-2007--Copy of N1 from Court, issued 21-06-2007. to Halifax, Deemed Served 25-06-2007

Have till 09-07-2007 to file Defence.

05-07-2007--Note that Acknowledgment of Service been Filed on 29-06-2007.

Have 28 days from date of Service to File Defence.

07-07-2007--Offer from Halifax.

09-07-2007--Rejection letter sent to Halifax. Next day delivery.

10-07-2007--Money put in Account:mad:

Come on guys - just 3 more to go for your day's target - more if you can!

Write to your MP and

Great idea. Does it need to be done on a rota basis. Sorry, but the love runs out, etc.
I think just use whatever you might have left kenny! There doesn't seem to be much logic in the CAG lurrrve system :lol:

Write to your MP and

As I was just about to say before we were so rudely interrupted ;)

We have now written to: 42 of 646 MPs!

KEEP IT UP FOLKS!

Write to your MP and

I've now finished the list for MEP's, of which there are 78.

I can send a list anyone who wants one, just pm me with your email address.

Thank you for the clicks, guys.:D

• Haha 1

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for all your hard work Ja-de :D

Does anyone wish to help us out by taking on the task of tracking the MEPs? Please PM myself or Ja-de if interested. She's already compiled a spreadsheet, so it would be just a matter of watching the thread and ticking off!

It would be a huge favour - thanks in advance! :cool:

Write to your MP and

Thanks JB :D You had me going for a minute there - my list says he's called 'Borrow' (perhaps he'd like to lend me a tenner 'til friday!)

Write to your MP and