The MP's campaign-Responses

moneyhelp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5886 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

bumpwt8.jpg

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

bump.gif

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

bump.gif& again

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

All MPs got written to following the Whistleblower program including a full information pack.

I think from earlier posts and threads on the forum that nearly all MPs have been written to by members of the forum.

My local MP, who is in the cabinet, holds local surgeries where you can meet him and raise issues.

I find this best as there are other people there, and they cant hide behind their press liason officer, they have to answer you, and not just send a pre written response.

Are you saying we shouldn't be writing to them about this? We are writing to protest about the disregard shown for the interests of consumers and complainants in the recent accommodation between the OFT and the banks. Are you suggesting that we all go and see your MP instead?

I'm not quite sure where you're going with your post? :confused:

What I was saying is that all MPS are aware of the details.

My MP wrote back by enclosing a statement from another department.

Demand a personal reply to your letter, actually acknowledging what you have written and giving THEIR opinion and not a statement.

If they dont reply positively, write back again.

The majority of these letters dont actually reach the MP and will be sorted by staff and a pre formatted response sent out.

By going to YOUR local MPs surgery you can meet him/her face to face and ask them the questions direct and get their opionion.

This way they cant hide behind a secretary. Its also good if its a public forum as others will hear your questions, and believe me you will suddenly have everyone in the room wanting the answers as well.

Oh and for the Record, My MP is James Purnell for your list

Guest amethystdragon

Have written to Geraldine Smith - MP for Morecambe and Lunesdale - Shes a fantastic MP - Works really really hard for the local area.

By my reckoning, that makes it a "Grand" Total of

29 out of 646 MP's

we need more!

To write to your MP you'll need to use this Template

&

To let us know who you have sent it to Here

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hya Guys,

Gordon prentice has now received 8 letters form the Pendle area. I also had a surgery with him on saturday morning.

He has written to the FSA asking them to explain the reasoning behind the waiver. he says he should have a reply from them in about 1 week. Will keep you posted.

DOS

Cheers for the good news DoS, we'll be waiting with baited breath for an answer to his question from FSA. Hope they don't take too long in replying.

Hope we all get the some sort of result from all our MP's.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK Folks...we've hit 30 of 646 MPs! Let's have another 10! :D

• 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

Emailed Angela Smith (Labour MP For Basildon & Thurrock)PPS (&nbsp, Prime Minister's Office (since 23 Jul 2007) (havent got a clue what her job involves in parliment)

OPPS sorry for the double post.

Thanks Jules - well done!

All - This MP doesn't count in our 'Scores On The Doors', because she's already been recorded once! ;)

• Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

I have posted a link to this trhead on the Abbey forum asking everyone to write to their mp using the brilliant letter on here and let everyone know who the MP is that they have written to, so that we can try and send letters to all the current MP's

• Haha 2

Thanks Jules - I think that deserves some 'Spreading the love'. Have tipped your scales! :D:D:D

• Haha 1

Write to your MP and

Thanks PKea

Alternatively, if you're following the links we provided, WriteToThem.com also allows you to search for your MP or other representative before composing your letter.

Write to your MP and

Dammit - someone already did mine (willing to bet I was first though :D)

So double cross off Damian Green (Con)

But I also added the Lib Dem MEP Sharon Bowles,

and never one not to try a little harder than most,

Please add Lord Dyke (who appears to be against charges as well) to a new list of: Lords Contacted!

Peter

Sign my petition to the Prime Minister here:

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

The more letters the MPs get from us the better.

Even if someone has already wrote to them, still write to them.

Public pressuure, we put them where they are now...and we can put someone else in their place next election

Lord Dykes is a keen speaker on European Law, Human Rights, and has brought bank charges up MANY times, under different guises!

Have a look here:

Search: the word 'banks' spoken by Lord Dykes (TheyWorkForYou.com)

And you'll see he has asked some good questions about bank charging, their reasons, and the government reseponses to bank charging.

Peter

Come on the Dykes! (apparently he is now a Baron though - my mistake!)

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

The good thing about Lords is that they don't have to try and appease the voter or the party.

If they think the Thames would look better pink, with Flamingos floating on it rather than boats, then they damn well say it!

The other good thing about Lords is that they hold personal vendetors against MPs! And being a LibDem Lord, he has no obvious like for the Government or the Shadows!

Peter

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

If they think the Thames would look better pink, with Flamingos floating on it rather than boats, then they damn well say it!

Peter

HEE hee, I like it.

I have emailed my local MEP's as well they are

Jeffrey Titford,

Christopher Beazley,

Richard Howitt

Geoffrey Van Orden,

Robert Sturdy,

Tom Wise

Andrew Duff