The MP's campaign-Responses

moneyhelp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5887 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We already have a thread in the campaign section, including all of the banks, but we had to keep asking to get this one into General.

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't understand why we need to.

The idea is to target all of the Parliament members. We want them to support this issue don't we?

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

"No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - E. Roosevelt

Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.

All advice is offered without prejudice.

We are being sued for Libel. Please help us by donating

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/gordan-brown/

what is the thread called?

if it was in the wrong place then the Moderators would have moved it.

ja-de, how many of those response have been positive/neutral/negative?

The MP's "campaign" -Responses

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

This thread was put into this forum delberately.

It is in the right place.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

OK fare dos

Thanks Rooster. :D

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ja-de, how many of those response have been positive/neutral/negative?

Hi Vortex, to our knowledge there have been 142 MP's contacted by their constituents, of which we've had 78 responses reported back to us, there could actually be more, unfortunately neither Mac or myself have had copies passed onto us from all 78; what I can tell you though is that the majority are with us in our campaign, & some are actually working in our favour at this minute.

We just wish that many more caggers would help us by contacting their local MP, & then let us know, so we know exactly where we are in this.

We really DO NEED more support from everyone.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, it's definitely worth knowing. but as for it being a good response so far, it's not a good one really, because there are 644 MP's in the UK.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'd just like to add that at the very beginning of this campaign EVERY MP was contacted.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Is it worth Putting the Mp's that replied in Party order?

• 3 weeks later...

hELLO JA-DE This is the latest I have received from Jessica, I know it is the same old story, but at least she is bothering people! Some of the scan turned to gobbledegoo? I never understand why ? do you ?

JESSICA MORDEN MP

LabourMember

of Parliamentfor NewportEast

Suite 5, 1st Floor, Clarence House, Clarence Place, Newport NP19 7AA

T 01633 841 726 F 01633 841 727

Jessica Morden MP | Jessica Morden

mordenjCWDarliament.uk

26 February 2008

MrsValerie

Dear

Further to my letter of 12 December,please find enclosed a copy of a letter I

have received from Angela Eagle MP,about representations you have made to

me about bank charges.

Iam not sure the response takes us much further forward but Ithought you

might liketo see it.

Yours sincerely

JESSICAMORDEN

MP

P.5. I believe it is really important

to provide you with relevant information about my work as

an MP therefore I will keep your details on file and may contact you from time to time, if you

do not wish to receive further correspondence from me please write to me at the following

addressjessica Morden MP,1st Floor Clarence House, Clarence Place, Newport NP19 7AA.

5/2664/07

HMTreasury, I Horse Guards Road, London, SW IA 2HQ

Jessica Morden MP

Sutie 5, 151Floor

Clarence House

Clarence Place

Newport

NP197AA

Your Ref: aw/GILL0200 1/02070629

/

- 5 FEB2008

Thank you for your letter of 12 December about bank charges. Kitty Ussher is the

Minister responsible for this policy area and I am replying in her absence.

I hope you will appreciate that I am not in a position to say how long a final resolution

of the test case will take. Much depends on the substance of the Court's decision and

whether either party to the case decides to take the matter to appeal. This is not

something in which the Government can become involved.

With regard to the waiver, I can ordy -repeat what tb.eEconomic Secrd.ary ::;aidlo both

you and Adam Price IYl:P011the floor of the House, that it is a matter for the Financial

Services Authority (FSA) and that their recent review has concluded that it is operating

satisfactorily. I should add that the FSA can, of course, revoke the waiver at any time if

it considers that it is no longer appropriate because, for example, the test case is not

progressing or if a delay in the resolution of the test case is likely to cause undue risk to

consumers. Once again, this is a matter for them.

In making the decision on the waiver, the FSA has particularly considered consumers

facing financial difficulty. High street banks and building societies subscribe to the

Banking Code that covers how firms deal with cases. of financial difficulty; the

Ombudsman also considers the Code when making its decisions. The waiver does not

apply to complaints about the way that banks and building societies have dealt with

tinancial difficulty. The waiver requires firms to identify such complaints and to

progress them throughout the waiver period. If these complaints cannot be resolved, the

Ombudsman will be able to consider them.

I am afraid that I do not quite follow your final point regarding the relevance of the test

case to the outcome of individual cases. I accept, of course, that the test case will not of

itself resolve individual disputes. Once the law has been clarified, those disputes will

have to be settled by the normal processes. I hope that greater clarity will make it

possible to resolve individual disputes more quickly than in the past. But the law is not

clear at the moment, and whether or not the Regulations apply is one of the factors

contributing to that lack of clarity and which, in turn, is making it difficult to resolve

cases speedily and on a consistent basis.

I hope you will find this reply helpful.

ANGELA EAGLE MP

• Haha 1

Until some judge accepts my claim for theft

Hi olden, thanks for the update, it's really appreciated.

It's really good to know that Jessica hasn't given up on our campaign.

Sometimes when scans turn out as gobbledygook they have managed to move about on the glass while being scanned, it's happened to me lots of times, especially when I was using them at work everyday.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]