The MP's campaign-Responses

moneyhelp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5867 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yeah I have sent a copy to my MP Joan Humble, but I don`t expect much action from her as she will be losing her seat in the next election as most of Blackpool North will be a new constituency of Lancaster and Fleetwood, thus IMHO she is just seeing her time out and not rocking the boat

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Mac, very well thought out response from you, with a little bit luck it will hit home exactly what is going on!

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the kind comments ja-de. I only hope the effort isn't wasted on this Government, who appear to have lined themselves firmly up behind the banks :rolleyes:

• 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

I totally agree with you on that olden, personally I think it's about time these MP's actually got off their fat ar*es, & started to earn their very high salaries, & our votes; if they want to keep their constituency seats that is, lmao.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

emailed Tony Lloyd

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

OK Folks here are the latest stats on the MPs campaign. As you can see responsiveness is increasing across the board party-wise; but the proportion of MPs contacted vs. total MPs is still low. Progress is steady, results are encouraging, but overall we're still slow.

If you know any CAG-ger who hasn't written to their MP yet, please pass the message on for them to do so now!

MP_Stats_0411.jpg

• Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

I am so sorry about the small percentage contacted, but I don't know anyone on here who hasn't done so. it doesn't seem to make sense, surely the majority are aware of this, are the other sites MSE AND Penalties, writing to the MPs, Can I do anything to help?

Val, don't apologise!

Yes, I think with the number of subscribers that CAG has, it's pitiful that we've only managed to get to 15% of MPs contacted. We have tried various ways (and hat tips to ja-de and Lively Lad and others such as crfx here for all the work they have done on this), but we've hit a brick wall and don't seem to be able to make much more meaningful headway.

I'm afraid I just don't know what else we can do to persuade CAG members of the inequity of the way the waiver has been handled; and to realise that the only way to get that message across is to increase its political and media profile.

Mac

• Haha 1

Write to your MP and

HELLO is ja-de on here now, I have just had a phone call from JESSICA MORDEN MP !! I am still in shock:eek: She is championing our cause, she said that she and others are getting together, cross party support !because they think it is unfair! and she is emailing me the details she has from some company Do you want it posted here or not when I get it?

This is fantastic news Olden - well done! I have not been around for a couple of weeks so I'm just catching up on stuff but this is by far the most positive thing I've seen.

Also your previous post about me not being eligible to take judicial review action with the OFT was a good point but I already had someone lined up who was a perfect hardship case that I could have used. Although I since informed council, his advice was that the case would almost certainly fail anyway.

• Haha 1

I am so sorry about the small percentage contacted, but I don't know anyone on here who hasn't done so. it doesn't seem to make sense, surely the majority are aware of this, are the other sites MSE AND Penalties, writing to the MPs, Can I do anything to help?

Olden, I totally agree with Mac, & that's you mustn't apologise for others. It most certainly isn't any of your fault that there are some ppl here who don't want to even try to help us.

This is fantastic news Olden - well done! I have not been around for a couple of weeks so I'm just catching up on stuff but this is by far the most positive thing I've seen.

Also your previous post about me not being eligible to take judicial review action with the OFT was a good point but I already had someone lined up who was a perfect hardship case that I could have used. Although I since informed council, his advice was that the case would almost certainly fail anyway.

It seems to me that these ppl are making the rules up as they go along. It just doesn't seem to make sense, one minute they say that genuine hardship cases will be allowed to have a stay removed, & then the next minute are told they won't win. Can anyone please tell me where the justice has gone?

If the fact that a person is owed over £17,000 in charges, & is about to lose his home is not classed as a hardship case, well I & I'm sure many more others would like to know exactly what is classed as a hardship case. It just beggars belief that the banks are still blatantly getting away with stealing our hard-earned money, & not to forget that they are also earning interest on it.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

had another reply from Dan Rogerson ,lib , North Cornwall, he has also contacted the FSA on my behalf and he will let me know any replies he receives.

So that is OFT and now FSA he has contacted , good work so far dan !

hello all:-)

I've had 2 more letters back from members of the Treasury Select Committee in response to my and Macboy's efforts to get the subject of the waiver on the agenda for their hearing with the FSA. Though their reponses came 2 months too late they may include it at the next hearing which is yet to be scheduled.

Dear crfx

FSA Complaints Handling Waiver

Thank you for your letter of the 4 September and I apologise for not being

able to respond sooner.

As you probably know, the Treasury Select Committee has been rather fully engaged in recent weeks but I do understand very much the important view that you are raising.

Thank you also for enclosing various correspondence but as you will know by now I'm sure, I cannot enter into full corresponence with you because of Parliamentary Conventions but I will certainly try to ensure that these matters are put on the Treasury Select Committee's list for consideration and perhaps something along these lines can be included in our future meetings with senior executives of the FSA.

Thank you for writing

With Kind Regards

Colin Breed MP

Dear crfx

Thank you very much for your letter dated 4 September which I have only recently received together with the copy letters from the FSA.

I have passed a copy of the correspondence to the clerk of the Treasury Select Committee. I am not at present certain when we shall next have the FSA before us but I will certainly look to see if these matters can be raised with them.

With kind regards

John Thurso MP

I hope it doesn't get put back again.

I've also added these 2 MP's to our list.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Bob Neill MP of Bromley and Chislehurst has managed to get me responses from OFT and then couple of weeks later from the FSA chief exec. Same old blah blah, but good to see this issue being raised and coming from MP's aswell us peasants.

Hi ALL Just to let you know I have emailed Jessica Morden with reference to all that info she sent me concerning in particular the 'cross party support group', thanking her for the support they propose to give us and asking her if she can tell us how many MPs are involved in this. I have tried to emphasize the importance of this regards Val

That's great olden, you're doing a fantastic job, thank you for all your help. With a bit of luck there will be a majority of them on our side.:p

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I wrote to my MP in edinburgh south but i can't remember where i wrote that i did this?? I also contacted Coatbridge and Chryston MP on behalf of my parents

Any posts submitted here on the Consumer Action Group under the user name GlasweJen may not necessarily be the view of the poster, CAG or indeed any normal person.

I've become addicted to green blobs (I have 2 now) so feel free to tip my scales if I ever make sense.;-)

Thanks Jenschnifer, but don't worry I'll be able to get their names from our list.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi ALL Just to let you know I have emailed Jessica Morden with reference to all that info she sent me concerning in particular the 'cross party support group', thanking her for the support they propose to give us and asking her if she can tell us how many MPs are involved in this. I have tried to emphasize the importance of this regards Val

Great stuff Olden. I hear Jessica Morden is rather attractive...her phone number would be great

Dear Jennifer

Thank you for email on a subject that Tom has been active.

I will get back in touch with you a more definitive response as soon as possible, probably within a couple of days.

I trust this interim acknowledgement is sufficient in the meantime.

Regards

Sam

On behalf of

TOM CLARKE MP

Recieved the above from the office of Tom Clarke of Coatbridge, Chryston and Bellshill constituency. Have also emailed the MP for Edinburgh south but no reply as yet.

Any posts submitted here on the Consumer Action Group under the user name GlasweJen may not necessarily be the view of the poster, CAG or indeed any normal person.

I've become addicted to green blobs (I have 2 now) so feel free to tip my scales if I ever make sense.;-)

Great stuff Olden. I hear Jessica Morden is rather attractive...her phone number would be great

Hey CRFX, what do you think of this for a quick response! I got this today from Jessica So I have her phone number and you could come to her surgery ;) ;) ;) problem is you may have to move house to do that.

regards Val

Thanks for the email. I'll be talking to colleagues this week to see what more I can find out. Will be in touch - or call me if you haven't heard from me in a couple of weeks and then perhaps we could meet at a surgery to discuss further.