The MP's campaign-Responses

moneyhelp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5888 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank you for your intervention and help, LL - and for the hard work you'll have to do whatever is decided! Sorry! :lol:

Mac ;)

• 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, as I have stated all posts that have been removed have been stored HERE and not deleted.

There are 564 posts stored there, if all these posts were still on this thread it would be over 23 pages long. This would make this thread difficult if not impossible to control.

I understand your concerns regarding responses from MP's, I have disscused a possible solution with Macboy. We are open to suggestions, please feel free to impart your ideas. Thank you.

OK thanks

Phantom - your post (and the attached image) hasn't 'gone' anywhere - please read the threads above. It, along with all the others, is being stored pending a solution which myself and other are working on as I write this.

Please, everyone - try to appreciate that we are working hard to help, not to hinder members with this.

Thanks

Mac

• Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

Phantom - your post (and the attached image) hasn't 'gone' anywhere - please read the threads above. It, along with all the others, is being stored pending a solution which myself and other are working on as I write this.

Please, everyone - try to appreciate that we are working hard to help, not to hinder members with this.

Thanks

Mac

Sorry, I did read it and I noted crfx concerns about finding specific ones in the archive or stored message thread, so I thought I may be able to help by sending directly

I wasn't being funny about it being "gone", I just wanted to offer assistance to crfx if he is trying to compile something and saving him some time. That's all:p

Phantom - no worries!

Mac ;)

Write to your MP and

Many thanks Macboy, my thread works now in my private messages so I can retrieve to my hearts content all the letters I lost when laptop fell to floor. Really appreciate all your efforts as this is a difficult thread to maintain and think if all the letters alone were transfered to a locked thread and our mumblings and grumblings in another x Jenny

whoops, thanks to Phantom and LL as well

speaking of meetings, wasn't something supposed to be happening at the OFT yesterday - or am I mistaken? Review of some sort? :confused:

Write to your MP and

It looks as though you're right on that crfx, so as usual our campaign(s) all take a back seat, ready to be forgotten, but we won't let them forget about us, we ALL have to make them sit up & listen.

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

oooohh brand new thread! Very swish!

It looks as though you're right on that crfx, so as usual our campaign(s) all take a back seat, ready to be forgotten, but we won't let them forget about us, we ALL have to make them sit up & listen.

Yep, trust the banks to screw it up.

MacBoy I don't know of anything that's sposed to be happening re the

OFT today except that Martin Lewis was due to meet them but he is

yet to post any news on it yet.

That's what it was. I think it was you who first mentioned it crfx - thanks - so I'm not losing it!

Interesting to know the outcome of that, though...

Write to your MP and

Hi, received letter from Julie Morgan, MP for Cardiff North today - nothing exciting, just to tell me (and enclose) two, basically acknowledgement letters from Sophie Fluin FOS and Kirsty Taylor FSA and that she will let me know when she gets "a more substantive response".

Thanks, Smutley ;) Please make sure you let us know what the responses were, for crfx250's 'Template Watch' initiative :D

Write to your MP and

Hi MacBoy, yes I seem to remember reading that in September there would be a review or announcement from Lloyds saying they were opting out of the case with the OFT ??or something.

Also today I received replies from 'The Rt Hon Rhodri Morgan' and 'John Griffiths AM ' enclosing a copy of the letter Alistair Darling sent back to him in response to his!

I have been scanning all these letters before, am I allowed to do this now, only I am not very aufait with what you said about hosting image etc. Could you explain ??

to know how to host the image in your post and have the webspace available in which to host it (or an account with a site such as Photobucket, Flickr, etc.). PM me if you have any questions about this and I'll be happy to try and assist.

Thanks Olden yes I thought I recalled something, but I'm pretty sure it was the Martin Lewis thing that crfx mentioned. However, wasn't there also going to be a review of the whole arrangement some time about now?

Or am I completely out of touch and that has happened already? :lol:

Write to your MP and

OK folks, stats time again!:

MP_Stats_2209.jpg

Again, not much change in the overall percentages, but a couple of changes

• Even taking into account their majority, Labour still appear at the moment to be the most responsive party. For the purposes of this exercise, Labour are split into 'Lab' and Lab Co-op'. However, this merely means that the latter group are also Labour MPs, but are sponsored by the Co-operative movement

• Tory responsiveness has improved slightly, even against an increase in Labour responses - a good thing, as they were looking sluggish

• The Lib Dems have now lost their 'virginity' (ahem) and their responses are starting to roll in

• My own MP shocked me to the core by not only responding, but actually taking some action - whew! :shock:

Health warning as usual - remember these stats are a bit of unbiased fun and some of them are based on tiny numbers/samples) :wink:

OK, so we've hit the 100 mark - good for us and well done to everyone!,

However, impressive a result though it is, it's still less than a sixth of all the 646 sitting Westminster MPs. We need to get cracking. Please consider what you can do to help increase our contacts - for example are you subscribed to threads where this hasn't come up in discussions yet?

Perhaps you could start a quick thread about it there, or consider UKLASS's initiative in er, 'borrowing' my 'write to your MP' link and adding it to her signature!

Let's get 'em all!

And PLEASE - write to your MP if you haven't done so already!

Write to your MP and