The MP's campaign-Responses

moneyhelp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5886 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I really understand how angry & most probably frustrated you are, I would have liked to rant & rave & let off a bit of steam, but what's the point, it'll only be us CAGers who'll be here to see & "hear" it. Tbh with you I'm as angry as everyone else.

Hopefully Alison Seabeck will try & get an explanation from the FSA. Here's hoping.

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it'll only be us CAGers who'll be here to see & "hear" it

Perhaps we should consider amending the MPs template to include a line about the standard-letter responses?

• 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

I think you could be right there Phantom

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Stats for Wednesday 19th Sept 2007

MP's

100 Contacted

38 Replied

1 Not Interested

MEP's

40 Contacted

11 Replied

5 Not Interested

MSP's

2 Contacted

2 Replied

MWA's

8 Contacted

0 Replies

As you can see, we've hit the magic 100, but we need more.

PLEASE everyone ask you're friends on & off CAG to send letters (see Post 8 on this thread). The more Westminster MP's we have backing us the better.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes ja-de, you are right, but it does infuriate me the injustice of it all.

The announcement on TV today about the Bank of England pumping out vast amounts of money into the banking system. this will now reflect in the banks favour since the government will not want to disadvantage them . and not forgetting the increased profits for the 6 months published have of course been obtained by the devious methods (penalty charges)

The announcement on TV today about the Bank of England pumping out vast amounts of money into the banking system. this will now reflect in the banks favour since the government will not want to disadvantage them . and not forgetting the increased profits for the 6 months published have of course been obtained by the devious methods (penalty charges)

Indeed - it leaves the ordinary person in the street standing scratching their heads. Sometimes I feel as if I am in the wrong movie. :mad:

Along with many other things happening in this country going down the pan at the moment it seems the goal posts in our legal system have been moved once again. I think we need some input from our leaders ?? all three sites? We could do with their help.

NOTICE TO ALL

70 posts removed that are not required anymore, I shall leave posts that provide links to contact sites for MP's. If you have a post removed you WILL recieve a Cagbot message, this is a standard message. Should you have a problem with a post being removed please contact Ja-de or Macboy via Pm.

All of the posts that have been removed from this thread are still

here, no posts have been deleted. Thank you.

Interesting reading from Jan 2007

Scroll down to bank charges

House of Commons Hansard Debates for 16 Jan 2007 (pt 0008)

Hello Destiny I have just scrolled down to that and the part I have read so far is absolutely concrete proof of all the lies and deceits going on now !! They clearly call the charges penalties and Illegal as in the following excerpt

''I am raising the matter today because I believe that it is a major contributor to the UK’s debt crisis and to social exclusion. Perhaps most important of all, those bank penalty charges are more than inconvenient and unfair—they are illegal. The fact that they continue to be levied in such large sums leads one to conclude that the Office of Fair Trading is failing and the Government are turning a blind eye. What may be a minor inconvenience to a person on a good regular income becomes a spiral of debt to the bank for those who are less well-off.''

Ja-de I think it was you who asked me to obtain a copy of the letter my MP wrote to the FSA ? well here it is:) not bad eh? pity about the response from the FSA!! wasn't it.

JESSICAMORDEN MP

Labour Member of Parliament for Newport East

Suite 5, 1st Floor, Clarence House, Clarence Place, Newport NP19 7AA

T 01633 841 726 F 01633 841 727

Jessica Morden MP | Jessica Morden

[email protected]

20 August 2007

The Director

Financial Services Agency

25 The North Colonnade

Canary Wharf

London

E14 5HS

Dear Sir

I have been approached by my constituent,xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx expressing concern about the way overcharging complaints are to be handled.

Ms... considers the recent arrangement between the FSA,Office of Fair Trading

and the UK banking industry to freeze out further overcharging complaints whilst

a test case is being brought is unfair, especially as banks are allowed to carry on

levying penalty charges on customers. She is also concerned that the FSA has

also allowed the banks to apply for a stay of all court proceedings of this nature

until the case has finished.

Ms... feels this is unjust to customers; and arguable that such action might interfere with rights given under the Human Rights Act 1998

I would welcome your comments on the points raised by my constituent.

Yours sincerely

JESSICA MORDEN MP

P.S' I believe it is really important to provide you with relevant information about my work as

an MP therefore I will keep your details on file and may contact you from time to time, if you

do not wish to receive further correspondence from me please write to me at the following

address Jessica Morden MP, 1stFloor Clarence House, Clarence Place, Newport NP19 7AA.

Ja-de I think it was you who asked me to obtain a copy of the letter my MP wrote to the FSA ? well here it is:) not bad eh? pity about the response from the FSA!! wasn't it.

Thanks Olden, it was me. I had wanted to marry MPs letters to the FSA with their responses to build a case that the FSA are not taking the issue seriously.

But unfortunately the reponses have been removed by mods. Quite why

there seems a need to remove valuable correspondence between Members of Parliament and the FSA from a thread devoted to the subject is beyond me but I can only assume some people on this site are seriously losing the plot.

crfx250

The responses have been removed but not deleted. The idea was to keep the thread cut down so that it was easy to keep track of progress and to stop it becoming a useless, rambling giant.

The responses are held in a 'storage' thread. Let myself, ja-de or LL know exactly what you need and we'll see if we can get it to you in some form. ;)

• Haha 1
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

crfx250 I quite agree, I think that without these responses and without the newspaper articles we have very little else to back up our case, because it is definately being ignored by the Government and the FSA etc. These items are invaluable, it is very difficult to have to keep looking back to find them, I mostly copy them to microsoft word,but it is hard to keep track. The item I read last night by Mark Lazarowicz 16 January House of commons states the case precisely, it is the biggest bank robbery in Britain

crfx250

The responses are held in a 'storage' thread. Let myself, ja-de or LL know exactly what you need and we'll see if we can get it to you in some form. ;)

Sorry Mac I wasn't having a go at you. I would love to have all the letters

from MP's to FSA and visa versa. It would be helpful with my case with FSA. Thanks.

crfx250 I quite agree, I think that without these responses and without the newspaper articles we have very little else to back up our case, because it is definately being ignored by the Government and the FSA etc. These items are invaluable, it is very difficult to have to keep looking back to find them, I mostly copy them to microsoft word,but it is hard to keep track.Mark Lazarowicz

Thanks Olden!

I thought that when your post was removed and you received the private message notification that the link 'storage' would take you to where all the MP letters were kept, but having just tried this I got the message

Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

perhaps this 'storage' thread is under construction ? if not, may I suggest that all the MP etc., letters are put on a 'locked' thread so that we can see them ?

Hi jenny Funny enough I got that exactly days ago when I tried, What is going on? is there something happening here? we need reassurance from the mods I have tried to get answers on MSE from Martins mods and nothing, so I repeat is there any reason why we have had nothing from our leaders, Martin Lewis, Marc Gander and Stephen Hone why have you abandoned us?

So the same is happening on other sites? The main reason why I need to be able to access them all again is because my laptop broke and all the letters and information I had collated was saved on it is lost. Therefore I have to start all over again!

I just think it's a shame that people have gon to the trouble of writing to

their MP's, those MP's then taking the trouble to write to the FSA and it

all gets removed for the sake of 'housekeeping'.

As far as I know this is the only thread on the site that gets regularly purged. Why?

Hi all, as Mac said in his earlier post, if you let any one of us know which ones you would like, we promise that we'll have a go, & get them back for you, one way or another. NONE of the removed posts have been deleted, they are kept in storage.

There is also the possibility that we already have copies of your letters ourselves, Mac is collecting them in the hope of creating a new thread to show proof of MP support, & while he was away I collected them, & passed them on to him. So please just let us know which they are, just PM us with your email address they will be sent to you that way.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The solution I think is to have a separate thread to archive responses. I had originally approached LL about this some time ago, but to be honest it got waylaid, what with holidays etc.

Please bear in mind once again that no-one's post has been deleted. They are merely moved to a storage area of the site.

However, I think the MPs list thread needs to be kept trimmed down - as per it's original intended purpose - to notify myself and ja-de of who has been written to so that we can keep updated records.

Responses, narrative, progress and achievements should be kept on a separate thread, IMHO. LL - would welcome your input and ask if we can get this organised, please? In addition to what you have stored, I also have some scans of responses that were sent to me. I have my own fast webserver and can host any images of letters for free, so that it's not taking CAG bandwidth.

Thanks

Mac

Write to your MP and