The MP's campaign-Responses

moneyhelp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5893 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi I have a two page letter received from Julie Morgan MP for Cardiff North plus her letter to Hector Sants, Cheif Executive of FSA for response. Who shall I PM it to ? Have scanned it in so ready to send

For all replies from your MP's, you can pm either myself or MacBoy.

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Weekly Statistics Update for 10 Sept 2007

MP's

94 Contacted

36 Replies

1 Not Interested

MEP's

40 Contacted

10 Replies

5 Not Interested

MSP's

2 Contacted

2 Replies

MWA's

8 Contacted

0 Replies

Master of the Rolls

1 Contacted

1 Reply

Lords

1 Contacted

0 Replies

• Haha 1

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Osborne, George MP-Tatton (Shadow Chancellor)

Has replied saying he agrees bank charges are UNFAIR! and it's unfair the banks can have a stay while this is sorted out.

said hes going to write to the FSA and the master

of the rolls and forward on the replied letters to me.

Thanks George!

Will keep you informed

Thats great ! Anybody who has an unbiased opinion must agree with that, it is so stupid. if they had said that all claims held in the system to be dealt with and THEN a stop on further claims and a stop on penalty charges also!

Robert Sturdy, MEP Eastern written to, awaiting reply.

EDIT: Add to that Charles Clarke, MP Norwich.

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter sent 04/09/06, awaiting reply.

Statements arrived 11/11/06 along with cover letter apologising for going over Data Protection Act time limit and promising to refund DPA fee, prelim letter sent out same day.

Well have received a reply off the FSA who were contacted by John Greenway MP for Ryedale, he also wrote to the British Bankers Association but to date has not replied.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w9/Themainman_bucket/FSAReply1.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w9/Themainman_bucket/FSA2.jpg

Capitalism is the legitimate racket

of the ruling class.

Al Capone

Well have received a reply off the FSA who were contacted by John Greenway MP for Ryedale, he also wrote to the British Bankers Association but to date has not replied.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w9/Themainman_bucket/FSAReply1.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w9/Themainman_bucket/FSA2.jpg

YES identical to my letter from the FSA via my MP.( as I posted further back on several of our sites) I have sent response to MP and FSA. !!!

Hi Jenny I was about to tell you that !! Her letter rather a lot of waffle, what about the bit about re determining issues? what on earth does she think, that those millions paid out would miraculously get given back,if the unllikely event the banks won? piffle. also methinks she agrees too much with the banks and FOS FSA !! having to help save the tax payers money ?

I wrote to alex salmond three weeks ago and still no response. so its not all rosy for snp. what was alex salmonds job before he went into politics? i think he was an accountant in one of the scottish banks!!

It took my MP about a month to reply, so I wouldn't worry about it yet, but if he doesn't get in touch in say 2 weeks, why not send him another email or letter. He's bound to reply even if it's just to say that he's "not interested".

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi all

Just back from my hols - and I've finally received a letter from my MP, Keith Hill!

Dear MacBoy

Thank you for your email in which you bring to my attention the recent arrangement between the OFT, FSA and UK retail banking industry to freeze out further overcharging complaints whilst a test case is being brought.

I have written to Kitty Usher, Economic Secretary to the Treasury, to raise your concerns. I will contact you once again once I receive a response.

Yours sincerely etc.

Keith Hill

Encouraging and frankly better than I expected. Will keep you all up to speed on progress. It's important we keep up the momentum with this, to maintain political visibility.

Crfx's response template urging MPs not to take the glib responses issuing from the FSA lying down, is excellent and I suggest we all adopt this if our MPs receive such a response from their Canary Wharf Ivory Towers.

Mac

PS - glad to see things have been moving well whilst I was away - big thanks to kenny for stepping in to help out and naturally to ja-de for her usual hard graft and LL for his pruning skills and guidance!:D

• 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

Response from Charles Clarke requesting that I arrange an appointment for his next surgery to discuss this further.

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter sent 04/09/06, awaiting reply.

Statements arrived 11/11/06 along with cover letter apologising for going over Data Protection Act time limit and promising to refund DPA fee, prelim letter sent out same day.

Thank you to everyone who are helping by contacting their MP's etc, we have nearly reached our next milestone of 100.

Please ask your friends at home, & especially everyone on CAG to help, we need to make the whole of parliament aware of our campaign. It doesn't matter if an MP gets more than 1 letter, because the more they get, the better it'll be for us.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great news Ja-de! Let's do a quick update at the end of the week and I'll issue some new stats charts after that :D

LL - is there any way we can get the thread stickied/mirrored in the individual bank forums for higher visibility?

• Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

Yes, why not, it's a good idea. We might even manage to get over 100 before that, my fingers are crossed.23_29_107v.gif

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi I am sure there are a lot more than 100 letters gone to MPs etc. It seems not everyone is aware of this site I know there are probalbly hundreds on the the Cardiff directions hearing site, and definately on the MSE sites

You are most likely correct on that point there olden, but unfortunately we only know of the ones we are told about; it would be absolutely fantastic if we knew of a whole lot more.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Casiemcdw

It's exactly the right place. Thanks very much - and be sure to let us know if/when you receive a response!

Mac

Write to your MP and