The MP's campaign-Responses

moneyhelp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5867 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I know what you mean, I have 5 open myself now

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so my MP STILL hasn't replied to me. I was one of the first to join the MP Harressment Army and am still waiting for a response.

Is there any way to complain about your MP? Other than not voting for him (not that I would, he's a blooming Conservative).

I may have to pay Mr MP a visit, and let him know what I think of his attitude to his constituents.

I know there have been at least 2 other letters sent to him from this page alone...grrr!

Peter

(not pleased!)

Sign my petition to the Prime Minister here:

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

Ok, so my MP STILL hasn't replied to me. I was one of the first to join the MP Harressment Army and am still waiting for a response.

Is there any way to complain about your MP? Other than not voting for him (not that I would, he's a blooming Conservative).

I may have to pay Mr MP a visit, and let him know what I think of his attitude to his constituents.

I know there have been at least 2 other letters sent to him from this page alone...grrr!

Peter

(not pleased!)

Hi Peter, please don't despair, why keep sending him emails, & he should reply even it's just to tell you he doesn't want to know.

I'll try & find out if there is any way of complaining about your MP's. I'll post the result as soon as I find some info.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well either Ja-de is my local MP, or it's a fluke, but I had a reply...of sorts...

Thank you for your emails. I am investigating the issues you raised and I will send a substantive response as soon as I am able.

Not really going to break any world records for long emails, but at least he is still alive!

Lets see what he comes up with!

Peter

Sign my petition to the Prime Minister here:

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

Well either Ja-de is my local MP, or it's a fluke, but I had a reply...of sorts...

Not really going to break any world records for long emails, but at least he is still alive!

Lets see what he comes up with!

Peter

Me an MP, Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I'm not brainy enoughsmiley_1037.gif to be an MP - Mind you the money would be nice! broke.gif

Well done for your reply though.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Notice to all

79 posts removed to the storage thread. This is to make this thread easier to manage. You will recieve a Cagbot maessage, this is a standard message. Should you have any issues with the posts that have been removed please Pm Macboy or Ja-de.

Thank you. :)

• Haha 1

Stat's update - 23 August 2007

82 MP's contacted, only 22 have replied.

37 MEP's contacted, only 6 have replied.

2 MSP's contacted, 2 have replied.

1 Master of the Rolls contacted & has replied.

1 Lord contacted, no reply as yet.

Thank you to everyone who has & are helping us with our campaign, but we must try & get more Government members to back us if we are going to try & win this.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I sent an email to Jane Kennedy, MP for Liverpool Wavertree.

I did put a message on here advising the same but she hasn't been added to list for some reason and now the message has been deleted.

OK here's an updated version of the stats I put out last week:

MP_Stats_2208.jpg

Not much change in the overall percentages, but a couple of interesting points emerge:

• Even taking into account their majority, Labour appear at the moment to be the most responsive party - pat on the back to Broon

• Tory figures remain steady, but need to improve responsiveness - come on 'Dave'

• The SNP have a wonderful 100% response rate - shiny independence medal to Alex Salmond!

• The Lib Dems have a shameful 100% failure to respond - slice of humble pie to Menzies Campbell

(although remember these stats are a bit of unbiased fun and it's worth noting that the latter two are based on very small numbers) ;)

However the message is the same - Ja-de is absolutely correct - we need to get cracking again on this:

please write to your MP if you haven't done so already!

I'll be off on holiday for two weeks from tomorrow - kennythecelt and Livelylad will be helping her keep things in order. Thanks chaps! If you can think of any way we can publicise this, both within and outside CAG, don't be shy.

Finally, everyone please appreciate ja-de - she's working extremely hard on your behalf and personally I think some scale-tipping is in order :D

Thanks and see you when I get back

Mac

• Haha 1
  • 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

Received the following from Sir Robert Atkins MEP

Dear Mr Cross

Many thanks for your message of 9th August.

Sir Robert shares your concerns about the arrangement between the OFT, FSA and

UK retail banking industry to freeze out further overcharging complaints whilst

a test case is being brought and has received several similar letters and

messages from his constituents.

He believes that you should petition (formally complain about this practice) the

European Parliament to give it the opportunity to call attention to this

apparent infringement of your rights. If the subject of your petition concerns

an area of activity of the European Union it will normally be declared

admissible by the Committee on Petitions, which will then decide what type of

action should be taken.

Depending on the circumstances, the Committee on Petitions may:

1. Ask the European Commission to conduct a preliminary investigation and

provide information regarding compliance with relevant Community legislation,

2. Refer the petition to other European Parliament committees for information or

further action (a committee might, for example, take account of a petition in

its legislative activities),

3. In some exceptional cases submit a report to Parliament to be voted upon in

plenary or conduct a fact-finding visit,

4. Or take any other action considered appropriate to try to resolve an issue.

The Petitions Committee of the European Parliament may seek to cooperate with

national or local authorities in Member States to resolve an issue raised by a

petitioner.

It cannot, however, override decisions taken by competent authorities within

Member States. As the European Parliament is not a judicial authority, it can

neither pass judgement on, nor revoke decisions taken by, the Courts of law in

Member States. Petitions seeking such courses of action are inadmissible.

Further information about the petitioning process and details of how to lodge

your complaint can be accessed via the following link:

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/parliament/public/staticDisplay.do?id=49&language=

EN

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

Kind regards

Paul Laffin (Political Assistant)

:madgrin:

And the following "sod off were not interested" from Gary Titley MEP

Dear Mr Cross,

Thank you for your e-mail of 9th August, which was awaiting me when this office re-opened

earlier this week following the European Parliament’s summer recess.

The European Union has no jurisdiction over the issue you raise and therefore I am sorry to

have to tell you that there is nothing I can do at EU level to assist you with it.

I only wish I could have brought you a more positive reply.

Yours sincerely

Gary Titley MEP

:madgrin:

Emailed Nick Harvey MP for North Devon on 13th August

Recieived thisnreply today

Further to yor email of 13th August I fully agree that this is a far from ideal situation. I can see why the FSA instigated the waiver in light of the OFT test court case against the major banks right to levy charges, but has not fully considered the implications.

I am well aware that there has been a growing consumer campaign against exessive bank charges with some notable successes in the courts. However as you rightly point ot individuals should not have to take recourse to the courts to get their cases resolved.

if the OFT wins the test case i could lead to hundreds of millions of pounds in bank charges being retuned to customers. However, my concern is that if the banks win it could bring the issue to a close and protect the banks' right to lefty hefty charges on people who go into unauthorised overdraft, thereby compounding their problems.

I shall raise this matter with the Alistair Darling, the new chancellor of the Exchequer to see what the government proposes to do about this matter. Please rest assured that once I have his response I will be back in touch.

My response about my MP Jim Hood has been deleted and his suport was listed on these pages. I have noticed other subscribers writing about thier messages being deleted. WhY?? This puts me off this site as support messagaes are' considered' not appropraite.

Would it not be apposite to list all MP's and get everyone in thier constinuency to write to thier MP and thus produce a census of responses that can be helpful to litigants?

My response about my MP Jim Hood has been deleted and his suport was listed on these pages. I have noticed other subscribers writing about thier messages being deleted. WhY?? This puts me off this site as support messagaes are' considered' not appropraite.

Would it not be apposite to list all MP's and get everyone in thier constinuency to write to thier MP and thus produce a census of responses that can be helpful to litigants?

Thanks for the advice bandonbhoy, which we will take on board as all comments are most welcome. We will get back to you on it.

On this particular thread, posts are regularly deleted from the thread, once the MPs information is updated. Livelylad regularly posts on this thread, in advance, before it happens to warn people. Posts are deleted so that people can get right to the information. It is meant to make it easier for people reading it.

When this happens, a message is automatically sent to the Original Poster (OP), to let them know it has been done. It is not meant to put you off in any way, its just the way the system works.

It appears however, we made a mistake, so apologies to you and we will update the returns to include Jim Hood. Thanks for letting us know.

This collation for this exercise is being done by only one person, who gives up her own time, in between all her own personal duties. It is a huge task and sometimes an error will occur. This site is almost entirely down to volunteers. It depends on each one of us. Please don't be put off by it.

Like your name and good luck!!:)

My response about my MP Jim Hood has been deleted and his suport was listed on these pages. I have noticed other subscribers writing about thier messages being deleted. WhY?? Cos you're not part of the illuminati ! :D :D :D :D This puts me off this site as support messagaes are' considered' not appropraite.

Don't take it to heart, they've never felt as important. It's nothing personal :D;)

bandonbhoy

Posts not adding a political representative are occasionally deleted once they have been added to the main database ja-de is managing. This is done to keep the thread short, navigable and on topic. One of the reasons we're in the 'Stickies' list and not the main threads.

I'm speaking to the mods about having an extra thread for responses received (and I have collected quite a few now); but until then, as per post 7 from Livelylad, this thread's purpose in life will be to inform us that you have written to a representative only.

Anyone reading the thread before posting will be spared the upset/disapointment of finding a post has been deleted shortly afterwards.

We considered that a 'tick-off' list of all 646 MP's plus the other reps would have been unwieldy; and felt that there are sites that fulfil this function for us so well (plus much more), that it would merely be duplicating effort and probably produce the world's longest and dullest post.

We do however, record contacts, replies, provide the odd fun statistics; and enjoy some short-lived banter until LL comes along with his scalpel ;)

Thanks

Mac

• Haha 1
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

kneale

As Kenny points out so eloquently, we are but volunteers with full-time jobs, families, commitments, etc. - we're only human and we make mistakes sometimes!

We try to ensure we've captured all the latest additions before trimming the thread. We're sorry if we've omitted your MP - all it takes is a quick PM to myself, Kenny, Livelylad or ja-de and we'll put things right - promise :D

Write to your MP and

I sent an email to Jane Kennedy, MP for Liverpool Wavertree.

I did put a message on here advising the same but she hasn't been added to list for some reason and now the message has been deleted.

Please accept my apologies for not adding your MP's to the list, If you check now they have been recorded.

Please DO, PM me, if I have not recorded your MP.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I wrote to my local MP Diane Abbott (Bless!) and she responded thus;

16th August 2007

Dear xxx,

Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding the penalty fees charged by banks. I agree with you that these fees are completely unfair and have been pleased that more and more people are challenging banks when they are charged. I also agree that the current situation is not satisfactory, despite the fact that the Office of Fair Trading are taking positive steps to rectify the situation. I will be writing to the OFT on your behalf and will get back to you as soon as I hear from them.

Yours sincerely,

Diane Abbott MP

She is a general good egg.