tendom

Speed Awareness workshop

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4479 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My friend got caught speeding and as an alternative to the lost points and £60 fine he was offered to attend the workshop and pay the £72 fee.

Problem is he can't produce licence as seems DVLA have lost his details, it was endorsed many years ago at a court (trying to track that proof):(

I'm assuming the workshop will want to see the licence, 'I lost it DVLA have no trace' likely story!

What do you think the outcome will be?

They may not need to see his licence - speed awareness course do not include driving (but he may need proof of ID - like passport?)

If he had not been offered speed awareness, he would have needed to produce his licence for the points. If he failed to do so it would be revoked until such time as it was produced.

What he needs to do, with some urgency, is apply (and unfortunately, pay) for a replacement licence. When you say that DVLA have lost his details, do you mean that they have lost his licence or that they have no details of him ever holding one? If the latter, then he needs to get this sorted PDQ - as he will be currently driving unlicenced, and therefore probably uninsured

I attended one a few months ago and had to produce both parts as when the courses first came out people were sending friends to take the course for them instead.

Thanks for responses.

I have since read t & c's seems licence not required but photo id I suppose to combat the friends taking part problem.

He says e cannot find the licence he has had one for quite a while, misplaced it and never bothered to chase it - he is unbelievably disorganised!:evil:

last night I put in his details and the DVLA's website had no details - looks like he'll be starting from scratch.:o

He's been with the same insurance company for donkeys so he constantly renewed, good job he didn't listen to me and switch to the cheapest because that really would have cost him - up until now that is.

so as he officially cannot find or replace it , seems like you're righjt as of a couple of mths ago he is no longer insured - he will be gutted to say the least.:(

Bright side eh! he might get through the workshop w/passport and avoid disqualification + fine if he sorts the licence straight after.

Fingers crossed - I'll let you know the outcome. It's tomorrow.

BTW what does PDQ mean?

BTW what does PDQ mean?

Pretty Damned Quick

My friend finally attended workshop. He sent passport to DVLA so turned up with 2 utiltiy bills. They didn't bat an eyelid about lack of licence or photo ID:-|

Awaiting response from DVLA about replacement licence