hi...newbie needing help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6075 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everyone just found this forum and it looks great. i was hoping someone may help me with a past repossesion problem from 2000.

basically the house was repossessed in 2000 and we have heard nothing since and was wondering if anyone could confirm the timescale for when they can come and get you for the money outstanding....some say 6 yrs some say 12 yrs unless they are a member of the mortgage council lenders were they have a verbal agreement to leave it at 6yrs. the bank is tsb...........iam sorry if this has been put in wrong section but any help would be great as i think it may be about to haunt me again...

If the mortgagee is a member of the council of mortgage lenders then it is 6 years notwithstanding the Limitation Act saying 12.

BUT they can just write to you at 5 years 364 days and say they will be pursuing you for the shortfall etc and then they have the next 6 years up to the 12 year limit.

If youhave not heard anything from them in the 6 years after the repossession/sale of the property then you should be OK cos you should then complain to the FOS. The banks and building Societies rely on people not knowing of the CML guidelines.

I shall try and find the reference and post it when I have found it.

thanks guys no they have not been in touch with me or the ex but i have a dispute with them over my risk rating which they have set at 9 after giving me a credit card, loan , overdraft, 9 is the highest and i queried it and they sent me a letter saying they are awaiting details of follow up enquires was wondering if this would crop up in their checking. it was were we gave the keys back....its showing on one credit file but not on others and my file was the same when they gave me credit as it is now they just have put me at the highest risk level and i havent missed a single payment since i started with them.....i will look at your link and thanks again