• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Llyods bank cancel O/D

fedupbanker
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6071 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi....Im in desperate need of some sound advise as my overdraft has just been cancelled by my bank Lloyds Tsb.

I am in process of reclaiming 6yrs of bank charges, my last 2 letters requesting a refund have been ignored completely by llyods bank..but straight after the high court test hearing with OFT last week I had an aknowlement/letter regarding my complaint informing me everything is on hold.

Thats fine I thought..at least im in the system and my complaint logged.

however..... I now discover (just yesterday) when i couldnt make a withdrawal from cashpoint, that my O/D facility has been removed!!

I have had my exisiting O/D facility for some years, having been a LTSB customer for 20 yrs.. I have been forced to go over my o/d limit regularly which I blame on the excessive charges applied to my a/c every month (where the bank have just helped themselves) and so the problem goes on.. with LTSB refusing to refund my charges.

I had a temporary increase on my o/d last July06 for £600, I arranged to repay the increase by £50 per month for 1 year until the £600 was paid back and was back to my original o/d limit of £2600.

I had a letter in Jul07 telling me that my temporary increase arrangement was coming to an end - after phoning several times with no joy, I went to see my a/c manager in branch to confirm my o/d limit would continue at £2600.. he assured me it was the temp increase of £600 that was ending not my exisiting o/d he even said LTSB wouldnt just cancel my O/D as tha would be mean!! and he went on to sell me LTSB home insurance.

the upshot is LTSB are refusing to reinstate my O/D facility even though they admit it is a banking error and must have been set up incorrectly. They are forcing me down the loan route which as I already have a LTSB loan, do not want to increase this any further.

I feel this has something to do with my complaint against my bank charges and I am being punished. I have spoken to Financial Ombubsman today who have logged this complaint to look into, however that can take upto 8 weeks. The problem is the removal of the o/d has left me with no access to my wages and I have 3 weeks to payday.. any money I pay in will also be swallowed up. Im at a loss as to what to do.

Should I insist on my o/d being reinstated-or reluctantly agree to the loan..

please if any one has had a similar thing happen Id like to know how it was handled.

thanks...D

bump

If you think this post has been of help, please click on my SCALES on the left - thanks :-) :-x

Peter Anderson

Me Vs Morgan Stanley - WON £490

Me V's LTSB - Private & Bus Acc - £18.8k (since Oct1997)

inc: S.69 Interest (and growing daily) -;)

Please remember to DONATE when you have WON

Fedup - Peter is saying bump to get your question back up in the list of postings so someone with the right knowledge might come along and help.

I will offer what advice I can which is that if you do take out the loan which will get you out of your immediate problems you will be able to carry on with your claim against them - bearing in mind the delay due to the OFT case - and eventually you should get your money back with interest.

It is obscene that the banks can force you to take out a loan to repay their unlawful charges - utterly criminal - has happened to me more than once. But if it gets them off your back for the time being and lets you get your life back then I think I would do it.

I may be wrong!

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

thanks for answering that, Im completely new to this..thought I was talking to myself! at least I know there are others out there ..lol

Im pretty much against refinancing my existing loan to clear my O/D (they also want to include my LTSB credit card in with it) out of principle as I dont think what they have done is right/ethical.

I have changed my bank a/c details with my employer today so that my next salary will go to another a/c. But it was too late to stop my tax credits which are going into Lloyds a/c monday..I was told by FOS that benefits cant be used to offset against o/s OD and that I should be able to draw against this money..but the bank have said it will just reduce my o/d debt sitting in my a/c. can they do this?

Told them they have caused me hardship blah blah ..they then increased my credit card limit by £1000 & offered to increase by another £3k !!!

can they really get away with this??

Hey I have just read this post - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/71000-beware-re-financing-offers-3.html

perhaps you should not do what they ask

BANK CHARGES

Others

you can stop them taking benefits - there is a letter - i will find it

BANK CHARGES

Others

BANK CHARGES

Others

If they haven't got a properly completed agreement for your credit card or loan they can't enforce it in court. It needs to comply with the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and some wise person has discovered that most agreements until very recently do not. For example in most cases if all they have is your application form it is not sufficient to enforce it.

I am learning just like you and am gradually digging myself out of the hole I was put in by irresponsible lending - which is what you mentioned before.

BANK CHARGES

Others

have read and copied the RIGHT OF APPROPRIATION letter.. thats brilliant just hope it works. Will take it to my branch first thing tomorrow as money paid in on monday its a bit tight ..even though I requested this on the phone today I dont trust them.

I got the impression today that as far as they are concerned they have done their bit by increasing my CC limit so "I will have some money" how kind!!! at one point I was advised to take cash out of my CC and pay into my a/c to clear OD..if that isnt irresponsible lending?!!

wish you luck with your digging also.

thanks everso for help ...fedup

Ust the first right of appropriation letter to get your tax credits on Monday. If you have to use your CC for purchases (food etc) but do not use for cash as the charges and interest are high. Work out a budget and offer then what you can afford to start repaying the overdraft monthly, make sure you prioritise your rent/mortgage council tax etc. Will you be able to pay them this month, or will this put you into arrears? If it is arrears the nmake sure you ring these people as a priority and make arrangements to clear the arrears over the next couple of months.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Thanks for the good advice.. took the right of appropriation letter to nearest branch on sat, met obstructive member of staff who refused to give me a receipt for my ltr..after passing the letter back & forth across the table & over an hour later they finally accepted the ltr but state they cant do anything till the money hits the a/c (mon). Hpefully they will honour it. My one concern is that my O/D hasnt been passed to collections yet so could they argue its not a debt & T/4 Right of Appro doesnt apply?

I intend on making an arrangement asap to pay O/D but I havent been asked to yet (prob cos not with collections). I would like to know what the minimum pymnt I can offer is?

Ive changed my salary to another a/c, does anyone know if that will affect my exisitng LTSB loan as im not sure if it was a condition of the loan for it to be D/D out of Ltsb a/c.

thanks for all your help & advise..D

What you want to do is be able to withdraw the whole amount of your tax credit in cash tomorrow. So if the OD is still in place you should be able to anyway, but if not hopefully the letter will do the trick.

I don't know of any loans that have to be paid from a particular account.

How much is the O/D and the loan? What you should offer is what you can realistically afford.

BANK CHARGES

Others

OD limit of £2600 has been removed so my a/c currently shows £2400 o/d. When tax credit £300 hits a/c it will reduce o/d to £2100 which is what they want. If I went to cashpoint in morning it would just say insufficient funds! I was told in branch they will have to phone another dept to get auth.

Outstanding loan is £14.000 (started at £17.500) over 7 yrs..still have 5yrs to go. I pay £265.00 per mth, but im not in arrears with that & have never missed a pymnt..dont know wether to carry on with it or address all debts once and for all. Have appt with CAB debt adviser next week. I also have 2 credit cards so I have been treading water for a while. My concern is how it would affect my credit rating in the future.

Hi, I've had the same thing happen to me, and no letter to tell me they have cancelled it. my account is 1,100 over it overdraft I cann't get a loan to just sort it out, so going to move my wages out of there and then just pay in £220 per month. Unless they contact me, normally I go £1 over and they phone me up. I've also not recieved the letter telling me it all on hold.

can banks really do this to their customers?-theyve cancelled and then re-instated my overdraft/stopped and unstopped my account so many times recently-i'm pursuing for £6500 in charges but cant afford to file til next week-not had any gogw payments but theyre messing eith my £2500 od

lloyds S.A.R -sent 04/04/200

statements received 11/05/2007

prelim-14/05/2007 -£4987

lba-30/05/2007

n1-20/07/2007

Co-Op prelim sent-20/04/2007-£136.50

settled in full

goldfish prelim-27/06/2007

capital one -deemed served -01/07/2007

settlement without cci offered 17/07/2007

halifax prelim-17/07/2007

aqua--prelim-13/07/2007

welcome-prelim-30/06/2007

lba-14/07/2007

Fedup, how much are you reclaiming? I have been thinking about this idea of cancelling the overdraft which Lloyds seem to have started - I wonder if it something to do with them wanting to have something to reduce the refund by - ie if your overdraft is no more then they will be refunding that part of the reclaim to themselves and it will be an internal transaction only.

I think you should see how you get on at the CAB - they can be very good but I think it depends on which person you see. You will probably get a few default notices which unfortunately stay on your record for longer than CCJ's but are viewed with less caution than CCJ's by lenders, particularly as they get older. I have lots:D

BANK CHARGES

Others

Hi, I agree with Gizzmo's advice. I certainly would not take on a consolidation loan if you can help it. have you thought of opening basic account with another bank that way you can get your money paid into it, work out a budget plan the offer a set amount to lloyds to reduce the O/D until you get the chargers sorted out. It may give you a bit of breathing space and you know your money will be there when you need it. There's nothing worse then going to the Hole in the wall only to discover there is no money to draw on because the banks have taken it or worst still they chew up your card.

Make a offer to the bank to reduce the overdraft on a monthly basis and maybe to reduce the loan payments for a while. what ever you do I would keep the bank informed of your attempts to sort it out otherwise they may default you on your account.

good luck.

Pen

:x if i have been off any help to you please click my scales

cases won

28th July Single Claim for bank charges against LTSB, £6,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement

18th July Joint Claime against LTSB £7,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement.

Hi Guys..have just caught up with recent posts. Thanks for all your advice. Gizmo, The right of appropriation worked a treat, I saw a senior branch manager who fortunately had heard of it & said no problem, I was given my tax credits in full in cash over the counter..phew!! wot a relief. She also 'appeared' disgusted by what had happened to my OD..she called the complaints line for me but couldnt get thro..in the end advised me to do a written complaint & bring it back to her which I did today. I wont hold my breath for reply and doesnt look like they will reinstate especially as my salary wont be paid in this month, I have managed to jump to an old basic a/c with the Halifax, they upgraded this to proper a/c and will do all transferring of DD etc.(I was worried it might be rejcted incase recent events had affected my credit but seemed to go through no prob.)

I just wonder how long it will take Llyods to realise ive buggered off..will they expect me to repay the od in full?

Also will interest be added on and the £15 per month a/c charge still apply?? If so I might be better off closing platinum a/c what do you think?

Definetly take it down to basic account - the £15 is just a a waste of money. They will continue to add interest but work out what you can afford to pay monthly and pay it in. They may ask for it in full but they can't have what you don't have.

I'm glad to hear of a decent branch manager - it was my BM at nat West that tried so hard to get me a decent deal over charges, that sent me to this site.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Goldlady, you are absolutely right..my reclaimed charges £1600 will be swallowed up by outstanding OD £2400, so bank will be paying themselves. But at least it will reduce what i owe them.

Can any one tell me how this will affect my credit rating.. if i make payment plan (through CAB) when my fixed rate mortgage ends in 3 yrs will I be able to get another deal or will they run a mile?

Thanks again :)

Thanks for advise Gizmo I will do that.

The BM was very nice about it which made me feel someone was on my side (I guess they are human too) but we shall see.. she definately didnt want to discuss my claim for charges that was just dismissed as nothing to do with OD situation.