Hamon vs Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6103 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

been through most of the procedure so far.

asked for a list of my charges.

ignored.

ran off the letter saying they are in breach etc etc.

finally got my list of charges and i sent an initial request letter from the templates folder including a breakdown of all the charges etc etc.

they then sent me a letter saying about high court case and that if i attempted to take them to court they would issue a STAY etc etc we think the charges are fair etc etc blah de blah.

just wondering what people think i should do now?

do i go straight for the court action or should i write an additional letter sayign they have 7 or 14 days to pay the charges etc etc.

any help would be very helpful.

sorry i haven't posted before and am being very generalistic about the letters i've sent/received but i'm sure you get the general gist, a guy at work who was successful against abbey has been helping me so haven't posted before.

any help is most welcome!

cheers

steve

hi hamon and welcome to the site the first letter you sent of was the prelim so now you need to

send the letter before action ive put a few links here for you to read

Guide To Reclaiming Bank Charges **##~~~~**##~~~~ Read This First !!

Example Step-By-Step Instructions

Letter before action - Consumer version - asking for it back

OFT Test claim: What this means for you

yes carry on with your claim as others on here

any more worries just shout and someone will come along they are a good friendly bunch here

• Haha 1

hiya,

thanks for the very quick reply.

i was looking at that letter before action and am a bit concerned. the opening para says something about the fact they have failed to respond, the halifax responded.

should i just go straight to court or should i re-word the letter before action in some way to make it relevant.

sorry to be picky, just don't want to lose out for doing something silly.

cheers!

steve

no the template letter is fine giving them a further 14 days to respond they responded to your prelim by saying no, not the response you wanted you were asking for your money back. by keeping to timescales you are not giving halifax the chance to say you have not followed the correct timescales when the 14 days are up then you can proceed with court n1 or mcol. send everything recorded delivery so you have proof of it being delivered you can check online through track and trace systom with the post office hope this helps:)

• Haha 1