Given notic as soon as I lose Job and claim benefit

alix2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6098 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can they do this :- I lost my job about 1 month ago and went to see the letting agent last week to get a copy of my tenancy agreement as I couldn’t find one and was told that the owner of the property had not signed it till a few days ago but showed me the paper and was signed till Jan 30 2008 so I thought all was well and good. I then explained my circumstances changed and I have now lost my job and will be claiming housing benefit.

2 days ago I got a letter stating that they rang the council and could not get any information. I found out that this was because it was being processed and was not at the office they rang. Today I got another letter and a form called assured short hold tenancy: Notice requiring Possession asking for the house to be vacated as the owner needs it. This is just too much of a coincidence to me but is it allowed ??

many thanks

It is - but what is the date of expiry of the notice?

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

That however isnt. They cannot evict until the end of the fixed term, Jan 30 2008.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!