My first post so please be gentle with me.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5158 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have posted before on the moneysavingexpert forum but this is my first time on here and I was wondering if anyone can help me.

I have had the same credit card now for over 20 years. I am now in default with this card but that is another story.

In 1998 I was made redundant from the company I was then working for. I rang the credit card company to ask what would happen with the PPI I had taken out. I was told that they would pay 11 months payments for me and the 12th payment would pay off the balance. I was very relieved at the time but was then re-instated by my company so had no need to use the PPI.

2 years ago my husband had a major heart attack and I myself was suffering from depression. This resulted in us both being out of work and also fiancially strapped. I have since been made redundant.

I claimed the PPI on my credit card and they paid the monthly instalments and then informed me that they would cease to pay after 12 months leaving a large amount outstanding. I queried this and was told that this was their standard agreement.

I checked their website and it appears now that in circumstances such as mine they now pay for 5 years not 1 year. This is a huge difference which I again queried with them. They told me that this was 'for new customers' only and was not the agreement I took out with them.

I have since twice requested a copy of the agreement relevant to the dates I first took out the PPI and all I have recieved is a photocopy of a standard agreement. It does not refer to me personally in any way and is also not dated, apart from a handwritten date which has then been photocopied.

I know I am right in what I was told when I was being made redundant because of the relief I felt at the time.

What do I do now? If they keep changing the terms & conditions how do I know which one was in force when I took out the agreement. I know catergorically that if I had been told originally that the PPI was for only 12 months, then there is no way I would have continued to pay the instalments. As it is I have paid a huge amount to them as I see it under false pretences if they have changed the terms and conditions without notifying me.

Is there anyone who can help with what I do now? Do I persue this, and how, or do I just put it down to one of those things.

I'm sorry this post is so long, but I needed to state all the facts.

Cheers

Kathy

Hi

I have posted before on the moneysavingexpert forum but this is my first time on here and I was wondering if anyone can help me.

I have had the same credit card now for over 20 years. I am now in default with this card but that is another story.

In 1998 I was made redundant from the company I was then working for. I rang the credit card company to ask what would happen with the PPI I had taken out. I was told that they would pay 11 months payments for me and the 12th payment would pay off the balance. I was very relieved at the time but was then re-instated by my company so had no need to use the PPI.

2 years ago my husband had a major heart attack and I myself was suffering from depression. This resulted in us both being out of work and also fiancially strapped. I have since been made redundant.

I claimed the PPI on my credit card and they paid the monthly instalments and then informed me that they would cease to pay after 12 months leaving a large amount outstanding. I queried this and was told that this was their standard agreement.

I checked their website and it appears now that in circumstances such as mine they now pay for 5 years not 1 year. This is a huge difference which I again queried with them. They told me that this was 'for new customers' only and was not the agreement I took out with them.

I have since twice requested a copy of the agreement relevant to the dates I first took out the PPI and all I have recieved is a photocopy of a standard agreement. It does not refer to me personally in any way and is also not dated, apart from a handwritten date which has then been photocopied.

I know I am right in what I was told when I was being made redundant because of the relief I felt at the time.

What do I do now? If they keep changing the terms & conditions how do I know which one was in force when I took out the agreement. I know catergorically that if I had been told originally that the PPI was for only 12 months, then there is no way I would have continued to pay the instalments. As it is I have paid a huge amount to them as I see it under false pretences if they have changed the terms and conditions without notifying me.

Is there anyone who can help with what I do now? Do I persue this, and how, or do I just put it down to one of those things.

I'm sorry this post is so long, but I needed to state all the facts.

Cheers

Kathy

Hello Kathy,

You can but try with this company, their arguement will be that you knew you had it you claimed on it and tough:eek: which is despicable I know. but they play hardball

Maybe send them a request for a copy of the origingal credit agreement and terms and conditions that were prudent at the time.

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner

Letter n costs a £1, but you may be amased. Have you sent a SAR to them

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hi

I have already asked them for a copy of those terms and conditions relevant to the time I took out the PPI and all they send me is a standard one which could be from anytime.

I haven't asked for anything else. Forgive my ignorance but could you tell me what a SAR is and where I get it from please

Hi

I have already asked them for a copy of those terms and conditions relevant to the time I took out the PPI and all they send me is a standard one which could be from anytime.

I haven't asked for anything else. Forgive my ignorance but could you tell me what a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) is and where I get it from please

Hello Kathy,

You mention that they sent you a copy of the terms and conditions, Have they sent you a true copy of your credit agreement???

A SAR is a request for all information relating to you within the company I is a legal request that they must comply to withing 40days. It costs £10.

This is an example you would send

Your address

Their address

Date

DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998

SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST

Dear Sir/Madam

Name

Account Noxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I understand that you currently hold details of my personal and financial information within your internal record systems with regard to personal loan accounts

Please supply me with a complete list of transaction and charges relating to my history with your organization, INCLUDING Loans, payment protection insurance and other products. Alternatively a complete set of statements for the accounts or associated accounts is acceptable. I would be grateful if you would provide the following for ALL accounts or associated accounts I have held with your organization:

-Full copies of all contracts which you believe exist or have existed between myself and your organization, including true copies of any documents you hold in support of the same.

- A complete list of all transactions or statements relating to ALL of my Loan Accounts with your organization.

-Copies of all documents which include any of my personal information including copies of any contacts or invoices, emails or computer records containing my personal information, or any records which pertain to this information.

-Full copies or transcripts of any correspondence in postal, email or any other format which you have entered into with any individual, organization or third party which contains my personal or financial, or which pertains to me.

- Where any previous information or records held have been deleted or disposed of, the methods used to do so, including dates, certificates or references confirming details of destruction. Where you are unable to provide such certificates, please provide a declaration, signed by an authorised officer of your company, confirming the dates and methods of destruction of this data.

-Full hard copy print outs of my personal or financial information, held in a digital, magnetic or any other format which is held in any archives, backups or other storage devices / locations.

I enclose a cheque in the sum of £10 to cover your fee.

IF YOU UNABLE TO DEAL WITH THIS REQUEST, YOU SHOULD IMMEDIALTELY FORWARD IT TO THE PERSON WITHIN YOUR ORGANISATION RESPONSIBLE FOR DATA PROCECTION.

I look forward to hearing from you in the first instance of receipt.

Yours faithfully

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW