Equita - lack of info when clamped

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5153 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

I have been using this forum to help claim back my back charges and have just found this section, and many posts on Equita! I would be really grateful for any advice.

Brief history: had an outstanding parking ticket with Croydon council which was passed to Equita. I made an arrangement to pay with them and missed a payment. On the morning of the 17/08/07 at 8.00am I found my car had been clamped. No information was left with the car or clamp. I waited for 3 hrs at which point the bailiff returned to tow the car. I won't even go into how rude and unprofessional he and his office were, but included him saying he had photo evendice of the infomation that had been stuck to my car, although he could not produce this, only an image of the back of my car, which clearly showed no sticker on the windscreen and throwing my C/card back in my face, telling me he would tow the car anyway, as it would cost me an extra £250.00. I paid the £600 and settled the bill.

However the next day I received a Notice of Removal, informing me that I had defaulted on my payment agreement and needed to contact them. This letter was dated the 16/08/07 , even if it was sent first class I still would not have received the letter by the time my car was clamped (8.00am on the 17th).

My question is, is it a legal requirement for them to send the letter of removal before clamping the car?

I would be grateful for any advice or suggestions of who to complain to about the lack of infomation.

Many thanks

I thought you were supposed to get a notice of seizure when your goods are seized...

would be interesting to know the history of correspondence from Equita & background info:-

1. Warrant issued on (check with Traffic Enforcement Centre TEC) (08457 045007)
  2. Bailiff Certificated? (check with HMCS register 0207 210 0516) - note date certificate issued / issuing Ct / Company certificated to work for - (If any confusion or doubt you can double check with the issuing ct)
  3. 1st letter from Equita - date & amounts of debt / fees
  4. Payment agreement amount outstansing when you missed payment...& had you agreed any walking possesion ?

Complaints re Certificated bailiffs can be made via a Pt 4 procedure The Necesary Form is to make a complaint is available here background info here