Speeding Tickets

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6087 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A month ago, i was snapped twice by speeding cameras on a country road which i understood would have a speed limit of 60, there are no indications of any speed limits, i was doing about 58 first time and nearly 80 2nd time (stupid me).

I had just picked up a newish car so vehicle was not in my name at the time,i will hold up my hands if i do recieve anything but how long does it normally take?

This is the first time i have been flashed by cameras in my 12 years of careful driving and i hope not to spoil my driving record.

The speed camera partnership usually have 14 days in which to serve the notice of intended prosecution, but in your case that won't apply.

They will contact who is currently shown as the registered keeper initially, and if they supply the camera partnership with your details they will ultimately contact you, assuming the cameras were live and recorded the events.

I have an acquaintance who has been clicked 12 times by cameras and he has got off on every occasion, apparently what he does is just say he didn't know who was driving the car at the time !!! it may not work if they are forward facing cameras....

I have an acquaintance who has been clicked 12 times by cameras and he has got off on every occasion, apparently what he does is just say he didn't know who was driving the car at the time !!! it may not work if they are forward facing cameras....

:o and perjury can carry a prison sentence.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

I reckon your mate is telling a yarn here!:-D

If this excuse was made by the same driver, after just the first time, bells would begin to ring.

12 times? Absolutely no way on earth.:-D

The speed camera partnership usually have 14 days in which to serve the notice of intended prosecution, but in your case that won't apply.

They will contact who is currently shown as the registered keeper initially, and if they supply the camera partnership with your details they will ultimately contact you, assuming the cameras were live and recorded the events.

However, the NIP to the previous keeper (ie the guy you bought the car from) still must be served within 14 days. If it is not, then the whole circus is void.

You need to ask him if he has had a NIP within 14 days of X date and was it sent First Class

The first camera flashed at the rear of my car and the second from the front, i hope i was smiling for that one:). i wont be traveling on that road anymore (A68), they should indicate what the speed limit is there was not one sign telling what it was.

So others beware.

I had bought the car from a dealer.

This has surely got to be dogs bollocks of the month! The critical thing is that once an NIP comes through the door you are legally obliged to disclose who the driver was at the time of the offence. Even if he did not fill in the form (to disclose this fact), he'd still be summonsed to court and will need to prove (a) that he did not know who was driving (b) that he is not in a position to reasonably know [as the registered keeper] who was driving. It would still be an issue that would be tried before the magistrates and If the magistrates did not believe him that offence of failing to disclose the driver details is worth 3 points in itself regardless of the issue of the speeding

All the cars are leased through the company...I know it sounds strange but it is completely true....never been summonsed...

That puts a different spin on it - I wonder if the company has been summonsed for failure to disclose.

A company would only get a (larger) fine; it cannot get points as it doesn't have a driving licence.

If you truly don't know, you shouldn't be asked to perjure yourself by guessing. A solicitor friend used that argument and got away with it, he truly could not say with any certainty who was driving.

This law is a perfect example of guilty till proven innocent.

If you truly don't know, you shouldn't be asked to perjure yourself by guessing. A solicitor friend used that argument and got away with it, he truly could not say with any certainty who was driving.

This law is a perfect example of guilty till proven innocent.

But you are required to demonstrate reasonable diligence in identifying the driver - it is certainly not sufficient to say "I don't know". For companies, the bar is set even higher.