Maddie V Lloyds- Asking for a stay

maddie69

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5142 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I need a bit of advice. A few days ago I received a letter from Lloyds (my first) regarding the OFT court case and that they will be requesting a stay from the courts in relation to my claim. A few days later I received my Notice of Issue from the courts informing me that Lloyds have until 17th of August to respond. I know that I will be getting another letter from the courts soon telling me that my bank have requested a stay regarding my claim.

I can't wait two years or however long it will take for OFT to win their court case against the banks. Don't get me wrong I'm very pleased they are doing something about it at long last. However, I have ended up in financial difficulty because of LLoyds persistently taking out charges from my bank account, (and still doing so). I cannot even afford to pay simple utillity bills such as my electric at the moment and the rising interest rates on mortgage is killing me too.

I will appeal against the stay I know is coming. I just need to know if it will help my case if I explain to the courts how all these bank charges have caused my financial problems. :???:

chin up maddie the desision is down to the courts so even if the banks apply for a stay there is no guarantee the court will grant it, it all depends on the court and the judge, i dont think your financial situation will make much differance to the judges decision though.

keep reading threads on here there is some good advice, just carry on as normal and dont give up.

• 3 weeks later...
chin up maddie the desision is down to the courts so even if the banks apply for a stay there is no guarantee the court will grant it, it all depends on the court and the judge, i dont think your financial situation will make much differance to the judges decision though.

keep reading threads on here there is some good advice, just carry on as normal and dont give up.

Hi I am in the same postion as Maddie. I have rec' d a letter from SC&M stating that they are going to apply for a 'stay' regarding my claim until the OFT ruling. I have an allocation hearing on the 25th Sept Is there anything I can do to challenge this? Any advice greatly appreciated.:mad: