Accepting an old offer

mikhug
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6107 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was made an offer from Natwest back in april but chose not to accept it to procede with court action to try and get the full amount. I don't think I was too far from getting a result but now this high court test case has thrown a spanner in the works and it looks like I could be waiting a long time to get any money back, a lot longer than I would like to wait as the bank has now said its closing my account and demanding repayment. I was looking back at the offer they made back in april, and although it says I had 8 weeks to reply it does not have a date on the letter. What do think the chances are of the bank paying up if I were to sign the offer and send it back? Could they prove i hadn't recently recieved it? It wasn't sent recorded or registered post.

Even if there's no chance of getting the cash this way, you think it would be a good wind up for the bank? A little payback!

I seriously doubt if the offer would still be open. Nat West tend to leave the offer on the table for approximately 8 weeks - after that, they consider the 'complaint' to be closed if they haven't heard from you. If you rejected the offer and filed court proceedings, they'll be aware of this also.

Not all courts are 'automatically' staying bank claim cases - each court is dealing with cases as they see fit. Dependant upon what stage your claim is at now, you need to wait for further directions from the court that will either tell you your case is proceeding as normal or that they've granted NW a stay. Read the links on my signature for further information.

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.