Delays due to test case?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6106 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I am very new to this, but have got as far as receiving a statement of charges from the past 6 years from Halifax.(thanks to a very friendly colleague who has already been successful at claiming back bank charges and CAG Forum). But I have also received a two page letter advising me that nothing will be taken further, as Halifax will put all claims on hold until the current test case has been resolved in the courts.Even if this takes several months! Can they really do this? Is the Halifax one of the banks involved in the test case? I could not find them on the official lists!

The whole reply came across as a big 'smoke screen'. Please help !:-? :mad:

Is the Halifax one of the banks involved in the test case? I could not find them on the official lists!

Halifax is part of the HBOS Plc group, so yes.

Halifax - Credit Card: 14/11/06 sent S.A.R, 29/12/06 sent Prelim, 11/01/07 1st bog-off received, 15/01/07 LBA sent, 01/02/2007 MCOL started for £1801 (inc court costs and 8% int.), 02/02/2007 MCOL cancelled... , 09/06/2007 Court claim started, 01/06/2007 Claim Acknowledged, 07/06/2007 Claim concluded, £1540 to be reimbursed into CC account.

GE Capital Bank Ltd - Storecards (3): 11/06/07 sent S.A.R, 15/06/07 Acknowledgement of S.A.R received

GE Capital Bank Ltd - Wife's Storecards (2): not started yet...

Nationwide - Current A/C: not started yet...

Lloyds TSB Bank Ltd - Current A/C: not started yet...

Lloyds TSB Bank Ltd - Business A/C: not started yet...

and the rest I haven't remembered so far... : not started yet...