Jump to content

Urgent Help Please!!!!


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5196 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

I have a credit card that has been partially blocked. i.e. no cash withdrawal facility. It was blocked when I started my claim. They have not asked me to clear my debt.


The credit card company settled my claim just before my allocation hearing. I signed the settlement which did not specify the way I would be paid. The judge arranged a 'stay' to my case pending payment.I then emailed them asking for a cheque for the amount the next day.


I have just found out they have credited my account. Is this allowed? I have to inform the court by Tuesday whether I have received payment or not.


So, they have paid themselves essentially! What should I do?

Should I tell the court they have not paid me?

Thanks in advance.



Link to post
Share on other sites

This depends on what the figures are.

The bank has the right of offset.

In other words, If your claim was for £1000 and you owe them £1200 then they can use that claim money to offset your debt.

If, on the other hand, your claim was for £1000 and you owed the bank £800, then they can take the £800 and pay you the balance.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.


Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.


LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.



Please donate,

Help us to help others.





Forum Rules.


Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...