• Tweets

• @BankFodder If you have the time to review what I have posted I above I would be grateful. Otherwise I think I better respond to the letter I received as outlined in post #144. While I believe I am under no obligation to respond to them whatsoever, it may be unreasonable not to do so.
    • nope just a general template advice thats used for all letters templates only stuff to courts needs recorded. but you must get POP.  
    • I think it is likely that Fitness Superstore will ignore my correspondence above and they now require a wake up call as to what will happen if they continue their proposed course of action.   I have prepared a letter before claim to be sent to their Managing Director Mr Paul Walker and will copy in the Manager of the Gloucester store (Peter) should they wish to respond.    
    • I'm surprised the police haven't given you the address. How do they think you are going to get in contact with the driver to hold him responsible?   It's a legal obligation for the driver to provide their address to anyone having reasonable grounds to ask for it (which would include you acting on behalf of your mother). Had you been there and the driver had refused to give the information to you it would be a criminal offence. Section 170 (2) of the Road Traffic Act 1988   He's presumably given it to the police so go back to the police and ask them for it. Ask them for his insurance details while you're at it.   Have the police indicated whether they are going to prosecute the driver?   Did the police attend the scene of the accident?   Did the police take witness statements? Witnesses are only of any value in your claim if they have given witness statements, or at the very least you know who they are so that they can be asked to make a statement.   You mention carer costs, but in addition your mother suffered significant injuries, broken bones. That might permanently impair her ability to walk. As she didn't have carers before I assume she was reasonably mobile before the accident and living in her own home. Is that correct? She and you might want to consider consulting a solicitor.  Not least because, and I don't mean this to sound unfeeling, your mother is 100 and might not live long enough for the claim against the third party driver to be concluded.    Between your mother and and the rest of the family are you able to pay the carer costs while the claim against the driver's insurers is pursued? Unfortunately personal injury claims like this are rarely paid quickly so you/your mother will need to fund carer costs yourselves in the meantime. Will she be discharged from hospital to her own home with visiting carers? Or to a care home?   And bear in mind that getting money from the driver's insurers will only happen if it can be shown the driver was at fault (wholly or partly)
    • U.B.  Thank you for the search options.   No address given by police, it is a late mid range vehicle. Plenty of witnesses. she is nearly 100    Seems a bit weird that if she was driving a car the insurance details would have to be given.     
  • Our picks

New A&L Charge

matthewluck1

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5236 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just found out that I have gone over my overdraft this weekend and that I will be charged tomorrow for it.

Very angry about this, I have claimed back their charges before and want to do so again. :mad:

I have spoke to them tonight, several times, but they will not refund or cancel the charge due to be applied.

Any advice please?

Thanks

Start another claim.

Note that they may close your account if you make a second claim against them.

Get yourself a parachute account, just in case.

See the following link.....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/58685-do-you-need-parachute.html

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....