Business startup

doompixie

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5159 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am contemplating buying a large lot of collectable items that has been offered to me to help 'jump start' my online business. I had intended to be selling items from the same range (alongside other stuff) already, so it fits in perfectly.

The problem is that I can't afford to make this purchase at the moment.

I have just set up a new business account with A&L (I had one with natwest for a few months but their service was.... not good. I havn't had much call to use it.)

I'd like to apply for an overdraft but I have no doubt I will instantly be turned down if put through any automated system as the account is new.

I'm planning to get some information together on these items concerning the profit margin they are offering. This will mostly be copies of ended ebay auctions compared to the prices that are available to me. Do you think this will be sufficient for them to consider me? What are the chances of them accepting based on this? Any information that could help would be greatly appreciated. I've never done this sort of thing before.

Sorry if i'm being vague or incoherent, I have an excuse, honest.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you put together a business plan? This would be necessary if applying for a bank loan / overdraft for business purposes. You might be eligible for a grant of some form but a business plan would still be required. It's good practice to do this anyway.