Advantage Gold Fees

cf1958

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5489 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wondered if anyone could advise, my brother in law is in the proccess of reclaiming his bank charges caused purely through his account being changed to an Advantage Gold without his authorisation or knowledge.

He had the account for several years and closed it last year when he lost trust in them through thier actions, his wages never went in and it was only used for the odd cheques that he got from little jobs.so there is no question that he would request this type of account.

It was only when he watched the Whistleblower programme in March he realised he had been mis-sold this account, without his knowledge.

He sent his LBA last week, but due to the test case he is not sure if to file at Court.

My thoughts are that he would not have overdrawn if these AG fees had not been applied to the account, so it is the fault of the bank.

Any ideas on the route to persue this matter would be greatly appreciated.

i think if you type into your search bar advantage gold you will find the correct people who are able to advise hope this helps

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Advice & opinions given by patrickq1 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional

Hi cf, if you click on the link in my signature for 'Nat West Claimants' you'll find more information about Advantage Gold. It's worth mentioning though that the Advantage Gold (AG) fee itself cannot be reclaimed as it's a fee for a legitimate service provided by the bank.

If your brother in law feels that he was mis-sold the account without his knowledge, this is a seperate issues that he would need to take up with NW. E.g., when was it converted to AG and why, did he sign anything, etc. It may be difficult to recover anything from this now though as the account is closed.

With regards to filing at court, at the moment this is the only route open for claimants once prelim and LBA have expired. Due to the test case, there's a chance that his claim would be stayed at some point by his local court. However, all courts are dealing with claims as they see fit - and not all are automatically granting stays. My signature has more info on this - click on the 'Don't Panic' link!

Best of luck :)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.