b8byd v Kays *** WON ***

b8byd
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5908 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've got a few around this amount - I just thought, every little helps! And why should they keep it when it really belongs to me? :D

Congrats on the settlement of yours

b8byd

b8byd :D

They are so crafty aren't they - false promises in the hope that you will take their word for it so they can stall for more time. I just don't see the point!

Good luck

• 5 months later...

Yes they did, went right to the wire, as with most advice on here I just carried on until I got the cash, anything else they tell you is likely to be a lie to get you to give up, follow it through as far as you have to (even to court), don't be scared and you will win.

Hi b8byd

Advice now is not to submit on line for various reasons

1) all MCOL claims are being stayed automatically because of the test case (even those it doesn't apply to, like credit cards)

2) there is not enough space on the form for a proper POC and this often leads to the banks making a 'claim not properly particularised' defence

3) you can't attach your schedule of charges - you have to send it seperately wit the danger it doesn't meet up with your claim

4) MCOL transfer the case to your local court anyway so why not cutout the middleman.

Hi Steven, thanks so much for letting me know. Do you know if a claim can be submitted by post to my local court? It's just I have a broken ankle at the moment so getting out and about is difficult!

Hi Steven - I think you jinxed me!

I prepared my claim form and remembered to print out 3 copies and sign them. But I forgot to put my cheque in the envelope!! :o

But there was no problem. I called the Court the next morning and they had received my claim. I just got someone to take the cheque in by hand.

Does anyone know what happens next? I know the defendant will get either 14 or 28 days to respond, but will I get some sort of acknowledgement from the Court that a claim has been filed?

Scary stuff. I've got so many claims I could file, but I wanted to start with my smallest one first to get the hang of it.

You will get a N205A "notice of issue" through the post. After that you should get a N10 "notice that acknoweledgement of service has been filed" and when Kays' solicitors file a defence you will get a N152 "notice that a defence has been filed"

Good news! I've received the following from Kays:

"The company believes that contractual charges applied to your account are justified and that they do not constitute penalties. That said, in light of the modest value of the claim, the company has agreed to pay it. Accordingly, please find enclose a cheque for £153.50."

Lol i'm very happy and the amount is not so modest for me - in fact it clears my catalogue balance!!

I'm just a bit confused about what I have to do with the Notice of Issue. Do I ignore that because they have paid the full amount of my claim, and just write a letter to the Court letting them now that the matter is settled?