• Tweets

• I hope you mean I try to help people stand up to bullying - and not do the bullying!   I'll assume it's a compliment!     Well - that sort of demonstrates that you've not understood my point and (perhaps?) haven't actually read the OP?   My point is that it is not the boyfriend (the supposed "owner" of the car park) who is posting, but his girlfriend who believes that he "owns" his car parking space.  Yes - it usually makes sense to believe that what the OP is posting is the truth, but in this case there is every reason to believe that there is a possibility that the OP might be mistaken about her boyfriend's ownership of the parking space, because...  well, how would she know for sure whether he does or not?  He might be boasting or lying or simply mistaken.  (My understanding is that many people who "own" flats are often under the mistaken apprehension that they "own" a parking space when they don't.  All the more reason then that somebody else other than the "owner" might be even more mistaken).   I suppose what I'm getting at is that I was a bit surprised that both you and dx100uk were able to give such definite and certain answers to the OP without exploring her situation a bit more fully and ensuring that she fully and correctly understood her boyfriend's rights in respect of the parking space in question.  I was simply concerned that without getting more information from the OP, then the replies given to her might prove to be less than useful.  I wouldn't want her to leave thinking that there was absolutely nothing to worry about and then find out there was because she'd been misadvised because she didn't understand whether her BF "owned" the space or not.   Of course, it may be that my concern here makes absolutely no difference to the answer that needs to be given to the OP because it doesn't matter whether her boyfriend actually "owns" the parking space or not, which is fine.  But sometimes I think it would be helpful to the OP (and other readers like myself) if some of these legal niceties could be spelled out rather than left unexplained.    
    • I've spoken to my son in law and because the gearbox can be very expensive to repair, he would prefer to reject the car.   The garage isn't going to charge storage at the moment.   I feel they have been mislead regarding the service history.   How difficult would it be to get the finance company on our side in rejecting the car and sending back to the dealer?
    • The first thing to say is that you better go ahead and refund the buyer because otherwise she will end up getting negative feedback as well. We will try and help you get your money back from Hermes. Have you made a formal claim through Hermes and have they formally declined you and giving you reasons why? Presumably the item was properly declared and properly valued when the delivery was booked. You don't say whether or not you took out their so-called insurance. Please start off by reading around the sub- forum focusing particularly on the Hermes threats. There are lots of them. Get to understand the principles in respect of the arguments – the insurance element, your third party rights despite the fact that you booked it through Packlink. Have a look at other people's experiences of having sued Hermes, the process of issuing the claim, the defence, the mediation and have a close look at the advice that we give about how to handle mediation. It's highly likely that you will have to issue claim papers so also read around to understand the steps you need to take to bring a small claim in the County Court. It's straightforward but understanding the steps will make you far more confident about what you are doing. Have you started a formal complaint against Hermes and Packlink?
    • Christmas Wonderland has been allowed to reopen because it sells real Christmas trees. View the full article
  • Our picks

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 5254 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I was unwell for a couple of years. I had no visible income and to survive I cashed cheques and used my credit card. I was emotionally unwell and unable to face life at that time. I am now much better, though not completely recovered, and I am attempting to pick up the piece and get my life back on track. During that period my bank kept sending me cheque books while and I had no visible income for much of that time. They made quite large charges (I was well past the agreed overdraft limits) and I'm wondering if there is anything I can do about all of these charges from that period? The bank accounts / credit cards with this bank (HSBC) are now all closed and my associated debt is with a collection service.

Is there anything I can do?

Thank you.

Guest Lueeze

Yes you can claim your charges back. I hope you are on the road to recovery, I understand that at your lowest ebb they took advantage of it and clawed charges from you.

Start by reading the FAQ's and proceed from there.

I will move your thread to HSBC so you can use this thread to follow up your claim...

Good Luck!

Louise xxx

You will get the charges back if you follow the advice on here.

Go for it and get back what is rightfully yours.

Good luck.

This is a typical example of the banks kicking people when they're down. I wonder why no one likes them:mad:

Claim against HSBC for £1379.41 (incl overdraft interest charged and 8% interest)

Data Protection Act request delivered 10/03/06

Statements received 06/04/06 (for free)

Initial repayment request delivered 18/04/06

Poke it letter received 27/08/06

Letter Before Action delivered 04/05/06

Offer of £927.50 (all charges but not interest) received 18/05/06

Unconditional acceptance and Final Letter Before Action (me being generous) delivered 30/05/06

Poke it on all counts letter received 07/06/06

Court Claim Submitted 11/06/06 (claim number 6QZ37645)

Acknowledged 15/06/06

Full offer made for £1499.41 and accepted 20/06/06

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies. I'm taking things a step at a time and tackling things as I am able to face them. The collection agencies have agreed a £1 per month repayment for the time being, so now that this has been sorted I will approach the bank. Can anyone advise me on which FAQs would be useful to me. I doin't want to swamp myself with too much information.

Many thanks :)

ok just take your time to read through both of these posts, once you've done that and you understand them yo will be in a much better postition , as always if there is something you're not sure of, just ask

frequently asked questions on reclaiming bank charges

step by step guide to reclaiming bank charges

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation