Gas Company charging me a ludicrus amount

Akira181

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5158 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently left scottish power and went to scottish hydro for my gas. My closing bill from scottish power was over-estimated by 1300 units, making the bill well over £1000.

I've been on the phone to them and got SH to re-send their start meter reading to SP so they can change their closing meter value and amend the bill.

I've done this 3 times now and been told each time that it will be sorted but nothing has been done. I've now received a summary warrant over this SP saying that court proceedings have been initiated to get this money.

I phoned up SP today and he told me the correct meter readings had been sent from SH multiple times but nothing had been done about it. He said it would sort it out for me and a new bill should be on the way.

My question is that can I get anything sort of compensation over this complete mess up and all the hassle I've gone through

and will that summary warrant effect my credit rating in any way?

I had terrible trouble with these muppets as Sainsbury's transfered my account to them-they are one of the same.

They just put a charge of £180 on the bill with no explanation of what it was for. It took me ages to sort out but only after I threatened them with the regulator and it's now being sorted and I'm swapping.

Make a formal complaint to them and then take it further.

If no joy, contact energy watch.

Frederickson - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - Lost - Claiming back from post office

Connaught Collections - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - No Agreement - returned to client

Lowell - CCA sent 11/4/07 - No agreement - returned to client

Moorcroft - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - No Agreement - returned to client

Red Castle - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - Copy returned but no T&C's

Robinson Way - CCA Sent 16/5/07