Goodwill gesture letter from Lloyds!

shazel
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6107 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

i have just received a letter from Lloyds stating that their offer of £750, (i am claiming £2600) was:

'a gesture of goodwill and does not affect your right to take further action. I also want to let you know that the amount we've offered you is the maximum we will give you.'

Does this mean that i can bank the cheques and still claim the rest when the OFT ruling happens?

I could really do with the £750 now, can i accept only as a part settlement and still go to court?

The court thing really scares me as i have read loads and still don't understand it. I am not stupid, but as soon as i am dealing with money my brain freezes in fear. Please guide me.

No need to worry shazel..there are many helpful & knowedgeable poeple on the site who will reasure you along the way. I am pretty sure that there are others out there that don't fully understand everything, me included, but with the help of this site you will do fine.;)

As for your question, Yes you can accept £750 as part payment. There is a link somewhere explaining this, i will post up shortly for you.

Can't see why not. Only thing is if it reaches the courts then Lloyds will want to see proof that they have paid you the goodwill gesture, either by producing the cheque or a bank statement.

Quite alot of people have banked there cheques and still won but the choice is yours.

Hi Shazel,

Lloyds are likely to credit your account with the £750 rather than send you a cheque. It's yours to spend and they won't take it off you even if the OFT test case rules in their favour as it is a "goodwill gesture".

SwissT

THE VIEWS POSTED BY MYSELF ARE STRICTLY MY OWN OPINION AND CANNOT BE RELIED ON FOR LEGAL PURPOSES.

IF IN DOUBT, CONTACT A QUALIFIED LEGAL EXPERT

SWISSTONI

had you filed at court or was the offer sent after just submitting lba?-if so when did you send lba?

lloyds S.A.R -sent 04/04/200

statements received 11/05/2007

prelim-14/05/2007 -£4987

lba-30/05/2007

n1-20/07/2007

Co-Op prelim sent-20/04/2007-£136.50

settled in full

goldfish prelim-27/06/2007

capital one -deemed served -01/07/2007

settlement without cci offered 17/07/2007

halifax prelim-17/07/2007

aqua--prelim-13/07/2007