Barclaycard - is this a enforceable cca

out of cash
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6094 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

are now getting a little nervous with this one i have sent 2 cca requests off recently both replied past the 12 day slot + 2 days.

cred 1.we dont keep records longer than 6 years for this type of account £8k outstanding been 3wks heard nothing more just their usual monthly statement

cred 2. supply application form with my sig and theirs on over right to cancel it says approved but crystal clear above says credit card application it also has the little box credit agreement regulated blah box

my opinion is a lot of copying and paiste is going on here when i can work out how to use photo bucket i will try and upload this if anyone wants a scan of doc please send me your email add and iwill send it to you.£7k outstanding

Should i sit and wait for this to go upto the full 30days now or write some kind of letter asking for balances to be returned to zero as they have no cca?

any help or advice would be much appreciated as one is thinking of court action:???:

hi all

sent 2 cca requests to barclay card 20 days ago just looked at my bank statement and confirms they got the £1.00 fees however going onto the royal mails web site there is no electronic proof of sig not too sure how i stand with proof etc:confused: ?

Hi all,

are now getting a little nervous with this one i have sent 2 cca requests off recently both replied past the 12 day slot + 2 days.

cred 1.we dont keep records longer than 6 years for this type of account £8k outstanding been 3wks heard nothing more just their usual monthly statement

cred 2. supply application form with my sig and theirs on over right to cancel it says approved but crystal clear above says credit card application it also has the little box credit agreement regulated blah box

my opinion is a lot of copying and paiste is going on here when i can work out how to use photo bucket i will try and upload this if anyone wants a scan of doc please send me your email add and iwill send it to you.£7k outstanding

Should i sit and wait for this to go upto the full 30days now or write some kind of letter asking for balances to be returned to zero as they have no cca?

any help or advice would be much appreciated as one is thinking of court action:???:

Creditor 1 debt is unenforceable &cannot be pursued through ordinary contract law

Creditor 2 need to see agreement sent so please scan

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

postal rules is that it is deemed delivered 2 working days from posting (unless signed for earlier). They have admitted receiving request because they have cashed the 1.00 cheques

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

can anyone please confirm this cca agreement is airtight for creditor to sue me in court as the letter before court action arrived today any help or advice most appreciated. all sigs are there BUT NO DATES? if you enlarge the scan you will see at the very bottom it says in micro print for further terms please turn over or something? could do with some serious help here can anyone define if this is a cca enforceable one i have high lighted the bits i think are misleading any advice would be most appreciated . regards out of cash. where it says terms of agreement as set out overleaf these are current as it refers to chip and pin the agreement is late 70s early 80S

regards

out of cash

barclaycardcca.zip

I think OOC has removed the sigs from the scan..I am no expert but it looks to have the prescribed contents..:(

Regards

Bigandy

The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.

hi gizmo111,

its this part of the cca i am going to defend

Since this is a cancellable agreement i should have received cancellation details as per section 63(2) of the CCA 1974 by post within 7 days of execution. I have no record of ever receiving this information.

The requirements for the correct execution of the agreement have not been met if the above information has not been sent as per section 64 and 65 of the ACT.:D

also parts are ilegible especially where they have chosen to put a huge stamp

all help and advice hugely appreciated on this because i really think this lot are going to go the whole way with this and so am i:mad:

regards

out of cash

What are the date of signatures?

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

hi all

can some kindly confirm if this can be enforced by a court it is a 20 year old barclay card agreement/application please read the small print as i think the whole document is very misleading COPY AND PASTE ETC,LOTS OF REFERENCE TO SIGN THIS APPLICATION FORM ETC

sorry avout caps everyone off to bed.

many thanks

regards

out of cash

barclaycardcca b.zip

Dear all ,

desparate for help on this one as this is getting serious now with this particular creditor amount alleged is 4k cca taken out in 1979 my only defence as i see it is no dates to sigs and the repeated reference to this application form please look at small print highlighted.

any help and advice most welcome

best regards

out of cash

barclaycardcca.zip

Hi all,

can anyone please confirm this cca agreement is airtight for creditor to sue me in court as the letter before court action arrived today any help or advice most appreciated. all sigs are there NO dates if you enlarge the scan you will see IN A FEW PLACES IT REFES TO THE DOCUMENT AS THIS APPLICATION FORM?

i have high lighted the bits i think are misleading any advice would be most appreciated . the agreement is late 70s early 80S

regards out of cash

barclaycardcca.zip

Eh? Don't understand this one. Are you saying that you took out a BC agreement in the late 70's/early 80's and they have sent a post chip and pin application form in response to a CCA - with your signature:confused:? Whatever, it's definitely an application form and it's unenforceable whatever the case. Write back and ask for a copy of the original agreement immediately.

"Why CCJ when you can CCA!"

subscribing - can't access attachment yet as using my mobile - will look at it later.

Have you posted this on the Agreement enforceability thread for Peter Bard to have a look at it?

subscribing - can't access attachment yet as using my mobile - will look at it later.

Have you posted this on the Agreement enforceability thread for Peter Bard to have a look at it?

Can you link that thread Josie I can't find it thanks.

Hi payingonlyencouragesthem

the cca which barclay card have supplied was taken out sometime late 70s/early 80s.the form they have supplied has all the prescibed terms

with the heading credit agreement.so the main things i am questioning are all the reference to this being an application form embodied in the agreement.the further terms they supplied just refer to your pin not chip thats my mistake any advice or help will be most appreciated.if this goes to court as they seem keen to do now do you think i could defend this as the content of the document is mis leading?

regards

out of cash

Check Financial Agreement Solutions and see what comes up. The consensus at CAG is that application forms cannot double up as kosher agreements in any event. Have a look at Seahorse's Cabot thread - he's fighting an old BC debt on these grounds.