Stopping on Zigzag lines, 4 PCNs in a week

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6109 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I usually go to drop the Mrs. off to work in the morning and pick her up in the evening, have been doing so for the past 4 months or so, at the exact same place. Last week i recieved a PCN saying that I had stopped on a pedestrian crossing marked by zigzags and hence the fine. I paid up realising that I had been making a mistake and have since stopped dropping the mrs off at that place. However, I recieved another PCN in the mail same offence, and on inquiring it so happens i have 2 more coming in the next few days. Are there any chances of getting of this one? or will i have to pay it all up? 240 quids in a week is quiet a sting!

Would appreciate any comments or/and advice/help recieved from you all.

thanks

P.S. is this offense endorsable on the license?

As far as I am aware, you cannot get a PCN for stopping within the zig-zag markings of a pedestrian crossing unless in a London Borough

You can only get a FPN from a policeman, police traffic warden or PCSO (if authorised). An FPN can only be challenged in a Magistrates' Court.

If an FPN is endorsable, then you will have to had to surrender your licence when you paid.

£240 is not a sting you commited the same offence/contravention 4 times in one week. What would you expect some kind of amnesty after the first one because you didn't bother to learn your highway code before driving on the highway? You are lucky it wasn't a Police officer who saw you or you would be walking to work once all the points where totted up.