wot to do next

nytram62
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6519 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi,

this is my first posting, so please excuse my nievity.

I have sent barclays the prelimary approach letter using the template from the bank template library, to which i had a reply comfirming their recieval of the letter, i have since had one which eventually said that they were willing to pay back £600 as a good will gesture. ive put in a claim for nearly £4000, wot gets me is that in one part of the letter they say they have acted correctly and then the next they are offering this good will gesture. i realise that this is a stalling manovure on their behalf. I therefore would appreciate some guidance as wot to do next, and the best way to go about it.

regards

nytram62

Welcome Matey,

This is a recurring theme (an FAQ if you like).

Basically, all the banks send an initial "bog off and die" letter to the preliminary approach.

You should stick to your timetable and send the LBA letter, you may get a better offer, failing which, move to MoneyClaim and screw the b*stards!

• Confused 1

A&L: Settled - £6,200

HFC: Settled - £800

Shell Visa: Settled - £250

Egg: Settled - £700

Mint: Settled - £1200

RBS: Settled - £850

The opionions in this post are guaranteed to conform to the laws of physics, but pretty much nothing else...