ja-de v Halifax - again

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6072 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well peeps here I go all over again, totally & utterly p***ed off.

I'm in the middle of changing bank, I sent them a letter last week telling them I want everything moved over to my new bank, I have even spoke to a lovely lady on the phone from Abbey, & she confirmed that they have also been in touch with halicraps, informing them of the move over, but they still want to charge me £74 for failed DD's for the massive value of, wait for it............................................................£11.92, it is an absolute & utter joke. I even stuck a tenner in there to go with the £1.98 that was already in there, just to cover payment, & they send me an email at 10.30 last night; so when I signed into my online account I found the dreaded letter. To say that I'm annoyed is mild th_chainsaw.gifBut, there is a possibility that I might be able to get this nipped in the bud, So, I'll keep you all posted.

• Haha 1

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, now I'm totally climbing the F***ing walls, I spoke to the insurance company, & the young lass on the phone said that as I have offered to pay this month instalment by cheque, she would waive it this month, which means I don't have to pay anything at until Sept. - sorted, no problems at all.

Rang haliprats, & was told that I would have to pay this months instalment, & £74 charges. He would not listen to what I what saying to him, & was adamant that the letter I got telling me that I was getting my money back, had to be signed & sent back, so I read the actual letter out to him. His answer was that if I transfer what is left in my account to Abbey, I would be putting my halicrap one into default, & either way I will have to pay the charges, I told him that I will spend it all before they get anything from me, & I will take it all the way to court again if I had to, I also said that I would have to see what CAG will say about that, as I have been a member for a while now, I then put the phone down & went mad. aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhangryboese0867yc.gif

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

jade try ringing them back you just might get a different person who will listen its worth a try

try to keep calm if you paid the money in to cover your d/d did they take out before the due date just a thought

What happened was that I thought everything was covered, money DD's & my benefit, all organised & ready to change over to Abbey. My benefit will go in to abbey next week, 'cos I sorted that myself, but I didn't know that the form for DD's has been lost, & thats why the peeps in the account shift office thought I didn't want my DD's moving from halicraps. So now I'm gonna have to ring Margaret at Abbey again & see if anything can be done about that £78, 'cos like I told the young man at halicraps, I have no intention of paying them anything, & if I have to I will spend the £11.98 that is still in there.

I ain't finished yet, I've still got some fight left in me. lol

To cap it all, I've just dropped my mobile into the washing up bowl, & yes it was full of washing up & water.

It's not my day!crazy1no.gif

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hehehehehe, I know, but I've had to hang it out to dry. lmao

Just spoke to Margaret again from abbey, glad I'm going there. She said that maybe it would be best to leave the bit of money in halicraps for now, & when I get letter from haliprats by post, to take it in to her & they will maybe pay charges, also ring halicraps again, & ask to speak to a manager & ask for the charges to be waivered, 'cos she said it can be done, & also to get as much advice & info from CAG as I can, to see what I can do about them, 'cos they (halicraps) haven't given me a chance at all. She also told me that they have to give me 14 days notice before they can take any charges from me. Plus as my benefit is just that, is it not "Illegal" (maybe not right word) for banks to take it from my account. Then again it won't be going in there will it. lol

Got headache now. Can't cope today, just found out the pub where the lads go for basketing their Pigeons has closed last night, so I now have to find somewhere else for tonight & get everything out of the pub that belongs to us. Can I go back to bed & start again from the day I got my first lot of money back pleeeeeeeease

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

what go back to bed jade and miss all the fun naaaa at least you are getting somewhere now

will good if they do waiver those charges for you

i think they should anyway now go and take the hairdryer to the phone lol good luck :)

Update no. can't remember!

Just this minute got off the phone with a Manager no less, at haliprats, & yep you guessed it they will NOT be waivering the charges, you should have been here , it got into another fairly heated conversation, & would you believe I didn't even raise my voice once (proud of myself there), but I was a tadge sarcastic about how they can justify charging the amount that they do, he told me if I wanted a letter sent to me by post it would cost me £5; I told him to forget it, 'cos there is no way on earth I'm going to pay any more money them a*seholesBIGYuppyAcid.gif

Footnote: my mobile is drying out nicely

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi money, yes I have when I spoke to one of their managers, & his reply was, "we can take it, because you owe it to us, & the rules also allow it".

Margaret at Abbey, told me that they will pay the £74 because of the misunderstanding, & it not being my fault, which I can honestly say is very good of them. She advised me to come back on CAG & get as much help & info that I could to try & beat haliprats again, & she agrees that they haven't given me a chance, by slapping the charges back on within a day of missed payment.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It might be worth printing off a copy of this http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/36790-bank-taking-your-benefits.html and slapping it on the counter at your local Halifax branch - that's what I did, the young filly scooted off to the manager and I got my charges back there and then :D

• Haha 1

Now thats a very good idea, you're not our own little ange.gif for nothing, are you. Thanks money, I really do need all the help I can get right now.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks tilly.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just to let you all know that I have started a new thread All MP's

So if you have lobbied your MP, pleeeeeeeease add it to the list.

Many Thanks

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Ja-De

Tryed to PM you but your thingys full.

30-12-2006--Requested statements from Local Halifax.

02-02-2007--Statements Recieved.

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

20-04-2007--Reply , Thanks , give us 8wks letter.

02-0502007--Sent L.B.A. & Schedule of Charges

11-05-2007--Recieved reply ,still investigating.

17-05-2007--Sent Amended L.B.A. for Contractual Interest this time.

14-06-2007--Received standard Bog Off letter.

13-06-2007--Took N1 to Local Courts.

26-06-2007--Copy of N1 from Court, issued 21-06-2007. to Halifax, Deemed Served 25-06-2007

Have till 09-07-2007 to file Defence.

05-07-2007--Note that Acknowledgment of Service been Filed on 29-06-2007.

Have 28 days from date of Service to File Defence.

07-07-2007--Offer from Halifax.

09-07-2007--Rejection letter sent to Halifax. Next day delivery.

10-07-2007--Money put in Account:mad:

Hi again just read this thread .

If its any help my daughter was in same position, bank takin her benefits ,shes got 2 young kiddies that need feedin, and leavin her with virtually nothin.

I told her to go to the benefits office and tell them about the bank.

She did and they wrote to the bank on jher behalf telling them they CANNOT take this money as she needs it to live basically.

THEY STOPPED !

Regards :)

30-12-2006--Requested statements from Local Halifax.

02-02-2007--Statements Recieved.

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

20-04-2007--Reply , Thanks , give us 8wks letter.

02-0502007--Sent L.B.A. & Schedule of Charges

11-05-2007--Recieved reply ,still investigating.

17-05-2007--Sent Amended L.B.A. for Contractual Interest this time.

14-06-2007--Received standard Bog Off letter.

13-06-2007--Took N1 to Local Courts.

26-06-2007--Copy of N1 from Court, issued 21-06-2007. to Halifax, Deemed Served 25-06-2007

Have till 09-07-2007 to file Defence.

05-07-2007--Note that Acknowledgment of Service been Filed on 29-06-2007.

Have 28 days from date of Service to File Defence.

07-07-2007--Offer from Halifax.

09-07-2007--Rejection letter sent to Halifax. Next day delivery.

10-07-2007--Money put in Account:mad:

Hi overflow, thanks for the info, hope you like the emails, have you heard anything else yet??

Hi money, I've had to print letter I got online, & took it to abbey. Margaret said that they would probably pay the £78 charges, & that haliprats didn't give me a chance.

So, it looks as if this has gone as far as it can. lol

If & when I hear something I'll keep you posted. xxx

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you money, you've just got me my 4th pip. xxx

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking good, innit. Off to bed now, can't keep my eyes open. so I'll say nite nite. ja-de xxxx

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]