Intrum Justitia and Natwest

Frenchie82150

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5163 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, this is my first post here and I'd be glad of some advice.

My husband banked with Natwest for 30 odd years but got progressively more and more disillusioned with the way his business bank account was handled - changes of staff, calls not responded to, etc.

He had a business loan and an overdraft on his business account but gradually moved his income to a Barclays account.

To cut a long story short, Natwest closed his account without notice, including the loan account and requested full repayment, about 21000 pounds. He was not given a reason despite repeated requests.

A repayment plan was set up with a company called Unibond, however, at the time he pointed out that as he was freelance and didn't always have a regular income there may be several months in the year when he couldn't make the payment as he wasn't working but he would make them up when he was.

Queue first period of unemployment and he wrote to Unibond explaining the situation and how he would make up the payments. No response from Unibond so he proceeded to do as he said in his letter.

He's now had a letter from Intrum Justitia asking for full repayment of threat of legal action/collection agents visit. The usual.

What should be the recommended course of action?

Thanks in advance