probate issue please please help

wayne78

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5160 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi thanks for taking the time to read this. my uncle passed away last month. he was divorced ( clean brake with neither party having a claim on the others estate should one pass away)

unfortunatly my uncle passed away his ex wife owes £19,000 to his estate from his share of the house. it was agread as a full and final settlment to be given in 56 days. that was months ago. it has be proven via her solicitor and my late uncle that she has the funds to pay. and agreed to pay once his name was off the deeds to the house. which my uncle did so. he has four children two from his ex wife and two other children from a marrage many years ago.

his eldest son has just applied for probate. which he intends to settle depts my uncle owed and then divide equally to all my uncles children. his ex wife now says she does not feel its fair to pay the money due to the fact my uncle has passed away. please please advise me HELP

i am just worried she could say she did not want to pay my uncle was very good to her after they split he volutery gave over £200 child maintance and paid the morgage also school uniforms ect... she never delared any of this. i have the documents to prove this.

his youngest children are 15 and nearly 17 and understand the situation as the eldest sons have explain they will put money into a trust for them. so they have something for later life. my uncle would have wanted to provide for all his children if they had a rainy day.

he loved his family which is why he happily paid for these things to the point he lived with me and my family. sleeping in a box bedroom.as he could not afford a place of his own. he was not a well of man

i just wanted to be sure she would still have to pay because all we have heard from her is that she does not feel it fair to pay due to the fact my uncle died.

she has remorgaged her house and part of the condition with the morgage company was my uncle signed his name off the deeds. which he did. she has confirmed in writting she has the funds both to the solicitors and to my uncle. i guess all i am looking for is reasurance that my uncle will not be walked on from beyond the grave.

thanks for reading