Write to your MP's it's easy see here !!!!!

Fezzaboy599
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6108 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone

I have just found this great site that allows you to email your MP in about five minutes flat !!!

WriteToThem.com - Email or fax your Councillor, MP, MEP, MSP or Welsh, NI, London Assembly Member for free

I have also put below the copy of the email I sent to mine. We should all try and make a difference !!!!!!!

Dear Sir

I would like to write to you to bring to your attention the disgraceful situation involving the recovery of unlawful bank charges.

On the 26th July 2007 the OFT launched in the High Court a legal test case to clarify the law on unfair terms in consumer contracts regulation 1999 to investigate whether it applies to this matter. While I commend the OFT on this move I feel that the FSA have acted in a disgraceful manner and I explain below.

The FSA have ruled that while this test case goes ahead the banks can hold up any complaints regarding this matter, the FOS are no longer dealing with any complaints and they are encouraging the courts to hold any claims. While initial estimates on the length of the test case were around six months it would appear that realistically with potentially over £10 billion at stake the banks are likely to appeal what is widely expected to be a victory for the consumer

and this could have the effect that the case drag on for years. In fact a similar credit card case has dragged on for four years and is still without conclusion.

I feel it completely against the FSA mantra of "Treating Customers Fairly" that they have allowed the banks to continue charging people these wholly inappropriate charges.These charges are often as much as £42 for going overdrawn or for having a direct debit returned and while the case goes ahead they are prevented from claiming in cases that have so far paid out the consumer an estimated £500 million.

Had the banks felt so strongly against this issue in the first place I doubt very much that a single penny would of been paid let alone £500 million.

There are an estimated 5 million people who have either claimed, claiming or have the opportunity to claim on this matter and after the desperate decision made by the FSA if they voted with there feet the outcome of victories at the next general election could be very different. I actually invite you to look at some of the consumer websites, for example penaltycharges.co.uk, the consumer action group and the Martin Lewis consumer website to get a feeling for the swell of support and indeed the number of people involved.

I would appreciate that as my local MP you put pressure on the necessary bodies or raise this point in the house to perhaps assist in overcoming these misguided decisions.

Yours sincerely,

Just sent my email to Nigel Evens my local MP. It seems from that site that most emails never reach the MPs anyway. They are checked for copy and past and even if they get past that they are checked by a private secretary who decides if the MP should see them. Most emails in their own admission end up in the bin especialy if from an activists group.

Hi Everyone

Myself and a bunch of colleagues sent off our letters. Three of them have already had responses, thanking them for bringing it to the MP's attention and that they will be looking into the matter.

It could be taken as a fob off but I think that they have responded in 36 hours is preety positive.

On another note have you seen that this is starting to gather pace in america as well and the americans are only charged about £18 a time.

My MP is on the cabinet now, but before that he was in charge of pensions.

When i first wwrote to him i got some fob off crap that was sent to him by another dept.

Best way to do it, is to go to your local MPs surgery and ask them face to face in front of lots of people and watch them squirm