BankFodder BankFodder

Dwayne Dibbley

Another Connaught Collections Statutory Demand

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4626 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I had recieved a SD from Connaught on 19/07/07 delivered buy courier.

I originally had an aggrement to pay £18 per month via my Debi Card,

My debit card they were using expired and they were unable to continue payments

i think the last payment was in April 07,

I ran them to inform that my card had expired and that i now have a new one issued,

but they said that they were unable to accept the current aggreementof £18 and would only accept £50 per month,

i have already sent them a Proof of Earning etc showing my incomming / outgoing before where they were happy to accept.

So am i right that my next step would be to send one of these

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html#post162367

to Connaught to dispute the SD that they sent.

Many Thanks

PS the Outstanding Dept is £865.39

Judging by their "normal" routine than a CCA is the best next step.

First NEVER talk to these "people" on the phone as they will try and get you to agree to anythin.

Before you even think about making any sort of acknowledgement or payment to a DCA you MUST ensure that they have the LEGAL right to collect the debt.

This is achieved by requesting a copy of the Signed, Excuted Credit Agreement via a Consumer Credit Act (CCA) request.

There is a template letter to be found here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Letter N.

Is it important to start the letter:

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY in Big Bold letters.

It is best to send this request via recorded/special delivery as there are some inportant deadlines to observe.

After 12 WORKING days the "debt" is in default and stays that way until the request is complied with.

If a FURTHER month passes then the DCA has commited a summary criminal offence and the matter should be refered to Trading Standards for action.

I hope this clarifies some things.

I am slightly converned as you say it was sent by courier.

Is there the "usual" big difference in date of letter and date of delivery ??

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

I had recieved a SD from Connaught on 19/07/07 delivered buy courier.

I originally had an aggrement to pay £18 per month via my Debi Card,

My debit card they were using expired and they were unable to continue payments i think the last payment was in April 07, I ran them to inform that my card had expired and that i now have a new one issued, but they said that they were unable to accept the current aggreementof £18 and would only accept £50 per month, i have already sent them a Proof of Earning etc showing my incomming / outgoing before where they were happy to accept.

So am i right that my next step would be to send one of these http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html#post162367

to Connaught to dispute the SD that they sent.

Many Thanks

PS the Outstanding Dept is £865.39

are you in rented or mortgaged accomodation?

can you reduce the debt to below £750 (this would mean they would be unable to use bankruptcy as an option against you)

do send that CCA request. you may well be too late to set aside the statutoru demand but you could defend a creditor's petition if they ever issue one (which is doubtful due to the debt level but no unheard of). Please can you complain to Trading Standards, The FOS and OFT about their use of a stat demand as this is massively out of order for a debt as low as yours.

Letter N.

Is it important to start the letter:

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY in Big Bold letters.

It is best to send this request via recorded/special delivery as there are some inportant deadlines to observe.

After 12 WORKING days the "debt" is in default and stays that way until the request is complied with.

If a FURTHER month passes then the DCA has commited a summary criminal offence and the matter should be refered to Trading Standards for action.

I hope this clarifies some things.

I am slightly converned as you say it was sent by courier.

Is there the "usual" big difference in date of letter and date of delivery ??

Letter Template N sent to Connaughty with £1 by Special Delivery today 03/08/07

are you in rented or mortgaged accomodation?

can you reduce the debt to below £750 (this would mean they would be unable to use bankruptcy as an option against you)

do send that CCA request. you may well be too late to set aside the statutoru demand but you could defend a creditor's petition if they ever issue one (which is doubtful due to the debt level but no unheard of). Please can you complain to Trading Standards, The FOS and OFT about their use of a stat demand as this is massively out of order for a debt as low as yours.

I live with my parents, I can reduce it to below £750 but not untill the end of August.

Are there any templates for complaining to TS FOS and OFT?

Thanks in Advance

I live with my parents, I can reduce it to below £750 but not untill the end of August.

Are there any templates for complaining to TS FOS and OFT?

Thanks in Advance

i'm not sure on the templates as complaints are usually quite unique.

the end of august should be fine, reducing the debt to below £750 would certainly give you peace of mind. you should try a CCA request first as you may well find the debt is unenforceable anyway, this would mean you could defend any court action that may come your way.

CCA request delivered...

"Your item with reference xxx was delivered from our CROYDON Delivery Office on 04/08/07"

Just beat the 18 day deadline which would be tommorow.

Now to await there response

Thanks

And if by magic, a return letter from connaught stating "The contents of your letter have been noted, However we write to inform you that out files have been closed and returned to 1st credit"

Should i now contact 1st credit regarding this and arrange payments with them now?

Thanks for all your help

And if by magic, a return letter from connaught stating "The contents of your letter have been noted, However we write to inform you that out files have been closed and returned to 1st credit"

this seems to happen frequently.

let us know what happens next :)