• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

nona V Halifax * * SETTLED * *

nona
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6461 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

the way i view it is as follows

1) Halifax make only poor offers until a summons is filed

2) The court doesnt check Halifax have received a letter, they will proceeds as if they have.

Therefore just keep within your timescale. Halifax are treating these cases like a helter skelter now, up up and up until you reach the top and down comes the cash:-x

Halifax WON X 2, Northern Rock WON, Capital One WON, Marbles WON, HSBC WON

On the 25th october I will be filing a claim for £175.00 Citicards. Just watch it!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, i know you're right but having no response is worse than having laughable offers made i think:sad:

Althought o be honest i'm not sure they have my phone number anyway:p

In that case i'd better start working on the spreadsheet with interest:cool:

Thanks 4 support-still want to know what a tesco r and r'er is though:p

Nona

[CENTER][SIZE=2][I][COLOR=DarkOrange]Any advice offered is only my opinion, based on my experience with my claim [/COLOR][/I][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2] I won my case because[/SIZE] I READ THESE FIRST[/COLOR][/SIZE] [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/"][COLOR=red]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/[/COLOR][/URL] [/CENTER] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3]Halifax[/SIZE][COLOR=YellowGreen]-[/COLOR][/COLOR][B][SIZE=4][COLOR=Red][COLOR=YellowGreen]SETTLED IN FULL[/COLOR] :D:D:D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta] [COLOR=SeaGreen]Prelim letter sent [COLOR=Black]10/07/06[/COLOR] Moneyclaim issued [COLOR=Black]07//08/06[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]Settled in full[/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]15/08/06 [SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkOrchid][SIZE=1]Survey completed. Donation made[/SIZE].[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [/CENTER] [CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][COLOR=Navy]Thanks to Dave and Bankfodder, and all who have given their time and advice[/COLOR]:)[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [/CENTER] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=red][COLOR=Black]Co-op Bank Visa[/COLOR] Settled after LBA (only £61 but hey ho, every penny counts) [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#00bfff] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

update

Just worked out the interest, ready for filing next week, which i'm sure it's going to come to, and it looks like coming to nearly £900:eek:

Does this sound right?

I ahvn't got an exact figure yet because of gone through the bloody charges 3 times now and i'm still a day out at the end and i can't find it!! The sheet is so messy now i can't follow it, so i'm going to get a nice new print out and start again:-x

I have a hadache:sad:

But i will get it right;)

[CENTER][SIZE=2][I][COLOR=DarkOrange]Any advice offered is only my opinion, based on my experience with my claim [/COLOR][/I][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2] I won my case because[/SIZE] I READ THESE FIRST[/COLOR][/SIZE] [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/"][COLOR=red]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/[/COLOR][/URL] [/CENTER] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3]Halifax[/SIZE][COLOR=YellowGreen]-[/COLOR][/COLOR][B][SIZE=4][COLOR=Red][COLOR=YellowGreen]SETTLED IN FULL[/COLOR] :D:D:D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta] [COLOR=SeaGreen]Prelim letter sent [COLOR=Black]10/07/06[/COLOR] Moneyclaim issued [COLOR=Black]07//08/06[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]Settled in full[/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]15/08/06 [SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkOrchid][SIZE=1]Survey completed. Donation made[/SIZE].[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [/CENTER] [CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][COLOR=Navy]Thanks to Dave and Bankfodder, and all who have given their time and advice[/COLOR]:)[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [/CENTER] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=red][COLOR=Black]Co-op Bank Visa[/COLOR] Settled after LBA (only £61 but hey ho, every penny counts) [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#00bfff] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Help,

I still haven't heard anything at all from Halifax, and also still no sign of LBA having been delivered on royal mail website (posted 24th July) Can't get through to a person at royal mail, just automated voices which says mail isn't regarded as lost until after 15 days. Should I do anything? Ring or e mail Halifax? Or just go ahead with claim on Monday? If they've not received the letter I havn't really entered into a meaningful dialogue with them have I really:(

If they've not received the letter I havn't really entered into a meaningful dialogue with them have I really:(

No, it's they who haven't entered a meaningful dialogue with you.

Even if they haven't received your LBA, the prelim gave notice of timescales and your proposed actions

File at moneyclaim on the 7th regardless of whether they reply or not.

OK Michael,

Thanks for that:)

Ok,

I have filled in most of the Moneyclaim form. In the particulars of claim section i basically copied and pasted Bankfodders "particulars of claim" (that says this is not a template at the top,) and changed the details. Then i added the bit about interest which popped up when i ticked the i want to claim interest box on the MCOL form.

Will this be OK?

Also, after i got to the end of that screen there was no way to go forward. I pressd submit. Now do i have to wait for them to get back to me to pay the fee and continue with the claim?

Also, if I claimed using the N1 form at the court I could include a schedule of charges, however on the MCOL form there is just the overall amount. Is this correct or have i mussed something?

Thanks again Michael

Nona

Hi all,

Have filed MCOL and have a case number. However, quick question;

I have just read on another thread that i should send a copy of the schedule of charges to the Halifax as well as the 2 copies i need to send to court at Northampton. Is this correct?

I thought the court forwarded a copy to the bank, that;s why they needed 2 copies?

I have added 3 more charges since my original schedule went to the Halifax.

Nona

I sent two copies to Northampton and one to the bank just for good measure. I did a quick letter with my claim number and contact details on. Don't think you do have to send one to the bank but it can't do any harm can it!

Charlotte

***** I WON**************:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Hi Charlotte,

Yes i agree, i did the same thing. I though it might be a good idea as i'd added another 3 charges on the MCOL claim since the original schedule i'd sent the Halifax.

Fingers crossed for both of us:p

Let's hope we hear something sooner rather than later

Update

Halifax have acknowledged 08/08/06

signed by A o brien.

Have had virus on PC and am unable to log on to internet banking or moneyclaim website:eek:

The suspense is killing me !!

Have you heard anything more ?

Baz

x

GeordieBaz:cool:

Halifax DP Letter sent June06

Statements Rec'd 8/7/06

£3330 Charges ...Letter Sent 10/7/06

Reply on 20/7/06 offering £235.00 ermmmm no

LBA Going off 22/7/06...Offered £735...NO !!!!

MCOL Issued 8/8/06

Paid in full £3330 plus interest

Capital One DP Letter off 21/3/07 (Me)

Capital One DP Letter off 21/3/07 (Wife)

Monument DP Letter off 21/3/07 (Me)

Monument DP Letter off 21/3/07 (Wife)

Capital One ---- Paid in full

Capital One (2) --- paid in full

nothing else today.

You?

Nona

they acknowledged my claim after 4pm yesterday.... lets race to the finish !!

Statements Rec'd 8/7/06

MCOL Issued 8/8/06

It's a deal!

First to get any refund gets the drinks in-mines a double:lol::lol:

Nona

Well, interesting post today!

Got letter from Halifax dated 8/8 - same day as court claim acknowledged, aplogising for not having received a "full response to your concerns"

and telling me to read their leaflet again:-|

Signed by susan coleman-core business team!!

Oh well, anybody else had this??

Nona

Royal Mail still not showing delivery of LBA posted 24/07 (I have filled in a missing mail form from PO), but i'm wondering if this letter is a response to the LBA?

Just checked account HALIFAX HAVE PAID 2 LOTS INTO THE ACCOUNT

FULL AMOUNT OF CHARGES £4207

INTEREST £1009.64 which must be 8% interest claimed @ £889.64 + £20 daily rate

I can't believe it:D:D:D:D:D:D

Nona

Just checked mine ...nothing yet !!

BUT...

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!!!!!

Statements Rec'd 8/7/06

MCOL Issued 8/8/06

Thanks Baz

You were a day behind me so keep checking especially tomoz.

Nona xx

This is my first post on the site, but I've been reading through dozens of pages. Each thread holds my attention like a crime novel, full of suspense - I can't wait to see how each is resolved. I absolutely love stories about an individual fighting against a big corporation.

I'd like to add my congratulations Nona - I hope you throw yourself a bloody good party! And good luck to GeordieBaz!

I've scanned my bank statements, but can't find any charges dammit! However, I've persuaded a mate to let me help her out, so may be posting here in the future.

Sweven's mate v BOS - collected all statements - total of £306.

13-10-06 : 1st letter sent to BOS.

So pleaseeeeeed for you. Congrats Nona. Thats brought a smile to my face.

Current Account Halifax

25th May sent Data Protection Act recieved 19th June

20th June Request Charges Letter Sent

29th June £170 offered..

4th July LBA sent

16th July £507 offered

25th July MCOL claimed

30th July Deemed Served

15th August Applied for Judgement

24th August Paid out in full

Read, ReAD READ!!! Its THE Only Way 2Win!!!

Make a 5% donation to the site, Help them to Help You.

Any advice that I may give is only through experience of my own claim.

Thanks for good wishes Sweven and Khalid,

I am still on cloud nine and have been all day. Good on you Sweven for helping out your mate.

I have something sparkly chilling in the fridge and am off on hols tomoz.

If only every day felt like this one:p