Dca Registered Outside Uk

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6111 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does a DCA registered in Republic of Ireland or other EU country have any authority in UK.

My colleague has been cuaght out by those lovely people in Creation over a £12.99 delivery charge.Despite numerous phone calls at the time they were unable to provide a final figure for her to settle the outstandingt amount.

She has had a letter from a DCA registered in ROI for some £784.82 (made up of penalty fees and interest).

Any help appreciated, as am out of my depth with this one.

That's a bit of a shocker :eek:

I can't think of any reason why an OC could not 'sell' or pass your debt to a company registered outside the UK unless there is a Data Protection issue stipulated in your contract. Sometimes you agree to your details being processed by companies based outside the EU (i.e India, USA).

The original agreement will still be governed by English (UK) Law or whatever you agreed to, and it will cost them a lot more than 12.99 to take you to court in UK.

I'm a bit confused over the 784.82. :confused:

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

have just got ins and outs of this.

Apparently it was open and direct interest free credit for a year, but discount applied if you paid item off in first year.

C paid what she assumed to be full item .After year was up she received a letter saying she now had to pay full price as she had not paid the £12.99 delivery charge (which she was not aware that she had to pay to finance company and had never been invoiced for).

I know nothing about these kind of things (as my house has **** second hand furniture or "antiques" as my husband has told me)

the company you ordered the goods from, are they in UK or ROI?

In my book, if no-one asks you to pay, you DON'T PAY!

NO INVOICE = NO PAYMENT.

all the relevant figures should be on the credit agreement. If you take out a deal without a 'delivery' charge itemised on it, they can't just stick it in a year later!

:D