SHOULD I ACCEPT? BOS credit card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6055 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am claiming through Bank of Scotland because as usual, they are ignoring LBA's!!!

I can use an address in England, but live in Scotland.

In MCOL, it asks for an address for the defender, must be in England and Wales. What address do I put here?

Thanks

RBS

13/10 - Prelim sent, 19/10 - Sod Off letter recvd, 27/10 - partial offer received, 27/10 - rejection letter sent, 3/11 - SETTLED IN FULL

Cheltenham & Gloucester (ERC's)

21/11 - Prelim sent, 26/11 - sod off letter recved, 2/12 - LBA sent, 10/12 SETTLED IN FULL!!

• 4 months later...

I received an offer from BOS which is less than half of what I am claiming.

They state they will refund me the difference between the £12 and £25 and this is their full and final offer.

I sent a partial acceptance letter and they still came back and said this is their final offer.

Should I accept this :-|

RBS

13/10 - Prelim sent, 19/10 - Sod Off letter recvd, 27/10 - partial offer received, 27/10 - rejection letter sent, 3/11 - SETTLED IN FULL

21/11 - Prelim sent, 26/11 - sod off letter recved, 2/12 - LBA sent, 10/12 SETTLED IN FULL!!

hello and nice to meet up with you!

I noticed that you have posed the exact same question on the RBS Forum, with the same offer details ie bank assuming £12 charge and offering you the difference?

Is this correct and both banks are offering the same type of settlement?

If so, this sounds like an apparent change of tactic.

Please expand and confirm.

Many thanks.

Hi, nice to meet up with you too!

yes, I have claimed for both banks and they are both coming back with roughly the same response!!

Another tactic.

I have sent partial payment letters to both, and they have both came back with the same, our offers stands as final settlement blah blah!!

RBS

Hi. This sounds, on the face of it, like a change of offer tactics. I will refrain from mentioning colusion at this point!

Would you mind typing in both offer letters please. One for HBOS and one for RBS, on your thread there. This would allow further consideration by our experts!!

If this turns out to be the case, I am wondering why, at this stage, 2 seperate banking groups have suddenly started what appears to be a new offer tactic. I have no experience of RBS but a fair bit within HBOS and HBOS used to offer

refusal- our charges are fair

50%

100%.

Please post this info when you can.

Thanks Kenny:)

To be honest both offers should IMHO be rejected

The OFT DID NOT say £12 was fair, that is the benchmark they used as to when they would be involved. The charges are still unlawful

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth

To be honest both offers should IMHO be rejected

The OFT DID NOT say £12 was fair, that is the benchmark they used as to when they would be involved. The charges are still unlawful

Thanks Isiris, quite well aware of that.

However, Alison has 2 separate offers at the same time from 2 different banks. One from HBOS, one from RBS.

On the basis of what Alison has indicated, it appears "on the surface", that their offer process may have changed and they (HBOS & RBS) are both now referring to £12 being fair (as written in those 2 offer letters) and are offering the difference in higher charge applied. That seems a change to me. Anyone else?????

I think there might be some mileage in getting the wording in both letters so that it can be considered. I never suggested she accept it and I made no reference to OFT saying it was fair!! Clearly, I know its not!!:(

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Sorry about the delay, I am starting a uni course soon and head all over the place.

The letter from BOS first was:-

Thank you for your letter.......

I am sure you will appreciate that like other organisations we incur costs for administering your account for late/unpaid payment of overlimit situations. The Bank believe it is fair to pass these costs on to the accounts affected, rather than absorb them into other areas of our organisation, penalising all our other customers as a result.

HBOS clearly outlines our charging policy in the T&C's that apply to your account. In addition, we are committed to complying with the bankind code, which sets out standards of good banking practice for banks and building societies follow when dealing with personal customers.

In view of above, I regret to advise I am unable to refund the charges in question as they were applied to your account as per your original agreement."

I sent a letter back stating I disagree blah blah and will pursue through courts if nothing heard within 14 days blah.

Got a second letter stating roughly the same with the following added:-

As of September 2006 HBOS reduced it's fees from £20/£25 to £12 due to the findings by the Office of Fair Trading and so I am unable to offer you refunds for chages of value £12.

I am prepared to offer you a refund of the charges which represents half the total charges applied to your account over the past 6 years.

I have sent a partial acceptance letter and they have 7 days to respond!!!!!

WATCH THIS SPACE!!!

RBS

Thanks Isiris, quite well aware of that.

However, Alison has 2 separate offers at the same time from 2 different banks. One from HBOS, one from RBS.

:(

You may be "aware" of that but is the original poster. I wasnt reply directly to your reply I was "helping" the OP

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth

Hello

I have had excately the same from Halifax and Mint both offered me the difference between the £12 and £25 as a full and final offer.

Not sure if they are thinking that the court case will result in £12 being found fair or not, there was no reference to the OFT £12 from either bank. I am now going through the FOS route, so will see what happens.