Court

rubberlips64
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6052 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm due in court on Friday 3rd August. I need help, I thought they'd settle at the last minute - i claimed charges back from another account earlier this yr & they settled a wk before we where due in court. I am very worried now, i've been hoping something would come in the post. It looks like i'll have to go. I'm not sure if i posted my litigation details - can someone check. I need help with posting threads etc., i'm rubbish at it. I've sent off bundles ages ago. I delt with Dino last time he was really great. Please help me if you can.

Look above where it says Barcalys Bank and there is a blue bar with User CP in it, click this, then there is a side bar with Thread names, click View all threads, and any threads you have written in will appear, your thread you started is probably there somewhere.

In short, though, you will find you will need to go to court, and so best to start preparing now, sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

Anyway, bring your thread back to life, and we can all see who you are, and where you are up to#!

Peter

Sign my petition to the Prime Minister here:

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

your links

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/47422-barclays-allocation-questionnaire.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bcard-woolwich-successes/62119-barclays-buckled-ive.html

If youre not a regular visitor to the courts then you are bound to feel uneasy.

but remember it is YOU taking THEM to court....

The small Claims courts are very informal

you will go into a small room with the judge and maybe [if they turn up] a representative from Barclays.

By now you should have grasped the concept of why we are fighting the banks, so be confident you are well within your rights to do what you are doing.

The judge will prob ask if you have been in contact with the defendant, this is where you tell the judge of any efforts you have made to settle out of court.

the hearing will more than likely be delayed due to recent events so take this as an opportunity to gain experience.

you will walk away feeling stronger and ready for the next time.

try to read up on some posts where people, in the same position as you have gone into court looking for the toilet but coming out ready to take them on...

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement, believe me they go along way. I'm gonna be all over this site for the next 24 hrs - well, could be longer - i've got Lloyds court case looming next mth. Tomorrow I'm going to imagine you all stood behind me, I'll let you know how i get on. Thanks once again for your support.

Yes remember you are in control. Barclays will try for a stay, you try and argue against this using the template you have printed off. Of course you will be nervous, but dont worry too much. Just be polite and answer the questions asked from you and you will get through it fine.

Barclays T&C Databse

RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting

I've got my court hearing soon, has anyone managed to stop the judge awarding a stay yet?

23/02/07 Request for payment sent (hand delivered to my local branch)

08/03/07 Standard Letter from Barlclays saying they are looking in to my complaint received

13/03/07 Letter before action sent (hand delivered to my local branch)

27/03/07 Partial offer of £1255 received

29/03/07 MCOL submitted

Good luck!

If a stay is given and the judge doesn't take the removal of stay, make sure you try and get a definate date secured for a return to the court. Say that the OFT case has an unknown timescale, and that this, if nothing else, given the length of the action to date, is an infringement of the Human Rights Act, and that a priviso of a date to reconvene would be welcomed by the claimant.

Peter

ps - willing to be shot down by anyone if they think this is a stupid idea!

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

Hi Peter

Thanks for that, i've written it down and understand - the p.s. didn't fill me with confidence but hey what have i got to loose - am going for it!!!

I going now, here i am going, ok off to court i go ....... bye, ....... bye;-)

See you all later..... In about am hr i should think. TTFN

phew! Hi, the judge was GREAT (a woman, girl power!:)) I was VERY NERVOUS, I asked the usher how i should address the judge, Marm or Judge, she prefers Judge she told me. Chris Lowe was the barrister from Nottingham representing Barclays, he was an alright chap, he addressed the Judge as marm even tho he'd heard me speaking to the usher. He was looking for me as soon as i arrived and wanted to speak to me before we went in. Basically he was saying he would be asking for a stay and to which i replied i was not happy with, and as he gave me some notes to read i gave him the stay letter that saintly 1 had kindly passed on to me. We agreed the judge would decide what the best course of action would be! He said he'd been in a rush and had just got out of court & his head itched from having his wig on, bless, was this to intimidate me or friendly chit chat????

So, Barclays rep said he wanted to wait 21 days ish until Barclays had guidence from the High Court refering to a test case pending. The judge refered to the stay letter the whole time, and said she didn't understand the 21 day time limit, surely it would be longer - Barclays rep had to make a phone call. We went out and went back in again................... the order was that the case was adjourned for 21 days and would then be back on on the first available date for a stay to be granted after that. She was VERY sympathetic towards me, asked me what costs i'd incurred and for them to be paid, Barclays agreeded without any hesitation. We decided (me and the Judge) to cross out the clause in the stay letter that said that any charges incurred now would not be charged because if this case in the high court wins i could end up paying a lump sum if charges had built up - everything else Barclays agreed to. Chris Lowe said on leaving that we could meet again - Gosh, i hope not!!!!!! Do you think i did ok then???????????????? :(

Well done Rlips!

Sounds like you had a grand ol' time!

So you got your costs back - I assume these were the court fees etc?

And what is the adjurnment for exactly - was it specified, because you then mention you would go back to have the Stay granted...seems a little strange?

Well at least you have left no worse off than when you started the case, and anything now is a bonus (in terms of not having it anyway, except that they are obviously unlawfully looking after your money!)

It looks like you have a chance to build u some knowledge on stay removals etc for the next month at least!

Peter

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

Fair play to you. My turn in a couple of weeks.

23/02/07 Request for payment sent (hand delivered to my local branch)

08/03/07 Standard Letter from Barlclays saying they are looking in to my complaint received

13/03/07 Letter before action sent (hand delivered to my local branch)

27/03/07 Partial offer of £1255 received

29/03/07 MCOL submitted

Hi

I'm in court on monday,

does anyone know where i stand is barclays have not send me or the court any paperwork?

I have been advised by barclays that they will be applying for a stay but if i apply for their defence to be thrown out (whatever that is) which will come first??

Oh dear...very nervous!

if the 14 days or whatever was directed are up, and you or the court haven't been sent the directed papers from Barclays, then hot foot it down to the court and request the judge submit a default judgement in your favour for non-compliance. It may or may not work, but it's worth a try - come Monday they will apply and probably get a stay.

erm - RUN!

Peter

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!