Statement request poll

ollie64
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6519 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have actually sent a DPA request (by registered post - received by them 3 March) and sent a chase up email....... still waiting............

Halifax - DPA sent 03/03/06.

Prelim Letter - Sent 27/03/06 ignored.

LBA sent 10/04/06 - Ignored

Moneyclaim filed - 26.04.06

Acknowledgement received 3rd May. Halifax state they intend to defend.

Halifax Settled in Full - 17 May 2006

If you've found this post helpful, I would be grateful if you could click on the 'Scales of Justice' button in the top right corner of this post.

• 1 month later...

I note that some of you have handed in your request letters to your local branch. I posted all my correspondence (1st class, recorded delivery) to Halifax, Trinity Road. I have received exactly no response from them. Will this affect my claim?

I am now 3 days from filing court action, shouln't they have contacted me at least once?

My claim was filed on 26/05/06 and before that i had not had one response from the bank, still haven`t

Good luck and claim away.

DPA Letter sent 28 Feb

• Statements Received 24 Mar
  • Prelim sent 24 Mar
  • LBA sent 12 Apr
  • MCOL 26 Apr
  • Acknowledged 3 May
  • Coming soon:

£2810 inc int. Halifax. Done and Dusted 16/05/06

Dont forget to donate

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm claiming £282 from the Halifax. I've got to the stage where I've filed a court claim against them.

This morning they wrote and offered £60.00 "as a good will gesture".

I want to hold out for the full amount, what should I do? Do I ring and accept the 60 and persue the remaining £222 through court? Do I reject the £60 outright?

Any help would be great, cheers.

Guest Lueeze

id reject the 60 and hold out as you have filed now, so you are entitled to a refund and costs!

Personally I wouldn't bother. They had 4 weeks and more to offer and/or settle. They opted to let you raise a claim instead. It's now their problem (and worry) not yours.

The fact that they have offered such a measly amount will not impress the judge if it gets that far...which it won't.

As LouLou says, the claim is in progress now - let the bank sort it out.

Good luck.

• Confused 1

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Ignorant assumption is the most dangerous weapon of all...he certainly won't be waiting eight weeks to know your answer...

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

How many days should you leave after asking for the charges back? In the letter I sent it mentioned that I expect the bank to reply within 14 days, so should I file a claim after 14 days?

They ignored all mine too, then suddenly when I sent a claim form they decided its good to talk :D

First Direct, £4031 Recovered

Halifax, £953 Recovered

MBNA Credit Card, £120 Recovered

American Express, £160 Recovered

Coming Soon......

Blackpool Council, £190 in unlawful parking tickets

Carstoppers. £50 from the cowboy clampers

• 1 month later...

Just to give you all a bit of encouragement I'll tell you that I got my money back last week. I found patience and regular referrals to this site helped me through.

Thanks to all those who helped me. I'm now going to fill in the survey.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6519 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks