warriormonkvCabot

warriormonk

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5166 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just received standard first letter from Cabot, who say they've purchased my debt from a bank (enclosing what is purported to be a letter from the bank signing the debt over to them)

Presumably Cabot have bought this debt in order to try and re-impose interest on it.

Here's the big question though...does the pending OFT test case affect Cabot's ability to pursue this alleged debt through the courts, since it will include these penalty charges, the legal status of which is yet to be determined.

I have read some very good threads on this fantastic site and am getting to the point where I feel I should communicate with Cabot.

Best wishes to all

I have just received standard first letter from Cabot, who say they've purchased my debt from a bank (enclosing what is purported to be a letter from the bank signing the debt over to them)

Presumably Cabot have bought this debt in order to try and re-impose interest on it.

Here's the big question though...does the pending OFT test case affect Cabot's ability to pursue this alleged debt through the courts, since it will include these penalty charges, the legal status of which is yet to be determined.

I have read some very good threads on this fantastic site and am getting to the point where I feel I should communicate with Cabot.

Best wishes to all

Hi,

I would do what everybody else does in the first instance.

Send them a CCA request and sit back. They will probably reply with the usual bulls**it about not being the creditor!

Then take it from there. Loads of people to help in the Cabot fan club!

Regards, Jeff.

If it is a bank account, then indeed the ORIGINAL creditor would have the right to suspend any action relating to unfair penalty charges etc. But that doesn't stop you from querying it anyway, and get a complaint in. SAr the OC too, work out what would be the amount of debt left, if any, and use that as a basis for any offer you might be prepared to make Cabot.

This test case will affect Cabot too. And as the FOS will not entertain complaints until it is resolved, I'd say Cabot are pretty well screwed, as the same rules apply to them...

You can't do anything about reclaiming charges, therefore Cabot will have to await the outcome of the test case too.

I don't think they'll like that. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

;)