GE Money home lending (formally i group)

:Boy:
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6055 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello rippedoff17 and welcome from fellow GE sufferers, have you claimed any penalty charges from them? they might cover your arrears in the short term, if you can send the SAR under data protection act (cost £10) and get your records you will see the chargeds and be able to send a prelim letter off. if they are preparing to start repossession then you need to stall this if poss, national debtline are pretty good, if you look at their website also look at the templates letter section.

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hello rippedoff17 and welcome from fellow GE sufferers, have you claimed any penalty charges from them? they might cover your arrears in the short term, if you can send the SAR under data protection act (cost £10) and get your records you will see the chargeds and be able to send a prelim letter off. if they are preparing to start repossession then you need to stall this if poss, national debtline are pretty good, if you look at their website also look at the templates letter section.

Thanks, i have sent off direct to them a letter requesting the charges they charged to me, i have informed them i will pay the arreas on monday next week the caller then after being very very rude that it was all my fault. and don`t even try to get claim back charges because they can take the house first. but iam not laying down over this we will pay and take them to the cleaner if we can.

Hi All

Can anyone help, i have been with GE Money / I Group for a number of year and in 2006 i was taken ill and being self empolyed funding was a hugh issue, we informed all my creditors inc GE Money who informed me that i could not claim help unless my company was closed down?, we worked hard to reply to GE Money but fell behind and every time we asked for some extra time we were told NO they would take the house, they issued court papers but we did manage to reply before the hearing, sadly GE Money were unhappy we paid them some money. If seems they wanted the house since then we have manged to pay GE Money every month until jan 07 i have missed 2 payments i have called them today but have been told they are arranging papers again and will be informing the credit agenices that i have missed payments, because of this we are finding it hard the move to another company or are we stuck to this company who have the main task of taking homes and not help their customers.

To make matter even harder we have paid the house so we are not made homeless, which and have fell behind on a loan, we set up a payment plan and are making payments every month, yes the company have issued a CCJ now making moving lenders even harder.

Any Feedback would be great

UPDATE :

I have been informed today just 5 min ago if i move to another company GE Money Rip off will charge the early settlement fee ( £10k ) iam 100% going to hit them now, they can not get away with this just because they are a big company how do the works sleep at night or are they brain washed.

I hate GE Money too. I have a second charge loan with them. I have applied to change my first charge mortgage to a cheaper lender. I told G E about this - no reply. In fact I heard nothing from G E Money until they refused consent to allow me to change first charge lender. I was somewhat surprised as I wasn't taking out any more finance - just switching the debt from one lender to another. So I currently have a great mortgage offer that will make me £200 a month better off, and G E Money refusing consent because I had some arrears in 2006. Utter, utter b*****ds

similar situation for me, I am aiming to change to new first lender, I didnt know they could just refuse these sort of things, interesting, good luck, GE are not exactly helpful, quite the contrary!

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

I could change second charge lender too but that would mean getting a brand new mortgage offer - and the fixed rate I have been offered isn't available anymore. I could have rolled both loans in together but that would have meant having the second loan over 20 years which i didn't want. G E Money have said that they will allow the new first charge in June provided I don't go into arrears and assuming they don't change their mind too. I complained about them recording incorrect info at Experian last year so that probably hasn't helped.

What make sme really angry is that I told GE what i was doing and they didn't say anything until my solicitor contacted them to gain consent. And I am not asking for any more money either.

G E Money seem to have a policy of always trying to find a way to say 'no'.

It does seem petty in the extreme particularly when they have nothing to gain from not allowing it. Other than the fact that you are more liely to be able to meet their payments and less likely to have to pay their charges as a result :rolleyes:

what a pity they behave like this, and not allowing people to escape their hideous charges regimes the morel likely they might get into difficulty and they can gain access to another property and make money off it!

My mortgage offer is valid until August so I should be ok. Then it's off to the county court with a claim against G E Money. I might see if the FSA has any guidance for this kind of thing.. Trouble is that a complaint to the ombudsman would take months owing to all the bank charge cases they are dealing with. This inlcudes one of mine!

I am amazed at this news Paul, we are in similar situation with secured loan with GE and looking to ditch it as soon as we have six months clear payments with our first mortgage company. Because of GE refusing to help when we were struggling I have had to cancel payments to all my other creditors which I am very angry about - but the CAB said it was the only way to stop GE repossessing our house! They have already tried once. My only consolation in stopping the card payments are that several of them are with GE - so we got some of our charges back by spending the few quid left on those cards before sending the letters out! GE have tried their best to destroy us and I would never ever borrow from them again.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Paul

over the years when we have norhing to loose we have tried a flyer it works sometimes I suggest you right to GE Money and say that in not allowing you to re mortgage they are depriving you of the chance to reduce your payments bu 200.00 this is against your human rights. and if they 1, dont agree or 2 reduce the paymentnts that you have to pay them by £200 you will take the matter further under Human rights legistation but you cannot leave it there you need to find out the number of GE moneys Chief exec and then ring his PA for his personal Fax and then fax it when you have faxed it ring PA and ask if she has it she is then honour bound to put it in front of him no company wants to get involved in Human rights.

for us this worked 2 out of 4 times you have nothing to loose and a lot to gain

I have already written to the MD, I went through the FSA guidance about being fair and reasonable - no reply obviously because this is GE Money. I sent a follow up to the Customer relations manager (that can't be a hard job at GE!) a few days back.

The Human Rights Act doesn't apply to banks. It only applies to an individual's dealings with the state. I'll bear it in mind but I don't think that GE regard me as human - more a kind of lower life form.

Thank you for your support and your post though.

Perhaps we should all get together one day and march on their offices in Watford?

• 2 weeks later...

Update: I have had an issue with GE Money they sent a letter informing me that if the arrears was not paid by 27th Apr 07 they would issue a default notice ( £2,223.00 ) we paid the amount in full before this date. On Wednesday GE Money called me stating i was still in arreas by £925.00 ? and they are still going ahead with action, they have sent a account statement which contains the following:

Admin Fees £360.00

Additional interest £262.20

Legal Fees £382.88

Default Fees £35.00 ( dated 4th Apr 07 before the we were told in writing )

Total £1,040.08

Are they correct in stating are doing, we have tried to change companies but because GE Money have 2nd charge they will not let this happen, and because they have issued default companies are not offering us a re mortgage.

Where do we go now

regards

sorry to hear this, rippedoff, I would write to them registered post, or FAX as suggested above and tell them you have paid the arrears. all the other charges look like they are trying it on, charging you for not paying but you paid it so it is invalid IMHO. you may find the arrears is the charges rather than the mortgage payments? what is the action they are going ahead with, are they seeking repossession, someone had a similar problem to this, I think it was Boy, try looking at templates also, hope someone will come on here with more info for you, good luck

I received all my info from GE Money earlier this week & when going through the statement its not all there !!! Anyone else had this stalling tactic ? I'm missing the printout going back from now up to April 2004 !! I've just done a letter informing them, just wish I'd checked it at the beginning of the week, GRRRRR !!!

• 2 weeks later...

GE Money are just t*****s. My nightmare should soon be over as my new mortgage company has agreed to take on my GE Money debt too (see my posts about 2nd charges above). Sadly it seems that providing a settlement figure is now beyond them too. When all is finally sorted then I sue for the fees!

• 2 weeks later...

Hope you can help me

At present mtge with GE Money horrible people to deal with .

Received letter from court saying they are after Possession order due to £2950 in arrears

Since their statement have paid £850 so alleged arrears is £2550 ie payments £650 plus £200 off arrears pm

I was on repayment payments £1150 per month got £2750 in arrears ie less than 3 payments they said to switch to interest only for a period and agreed to accept reductions of £200 in arrears and payment ie £650 making £850 pm . When they wrote to me debt was £2750 in March so payments plus 3 reductions would be £2150 ie March April May payment

I made March paymnet and sent off cheque for £850 in Appril recorded delivery as always . Started to get nasty letters phoned up and was told cheque for april not received . Checked with post office was delivered then phoned again and was told chaeq sent back to me as they couldnt read date . i have copy I can read date . Asked to speak to manager no one called back . Phoned again was told tha if £850 paid that day possession order woudl be stopped . i couldnt pay at that time offered as I had spent the money offered to pay over 2 months refused . I now have £850 April payment May already paid that will take debt to £2350 arrears why its above agreed amount I think is more charges added . This will eman dont have June payment due £850 June 9 2007 but they are saying they want all arrears cleared which is not reasonable or possible .

Before they issued possession order have been having a go at charges on my account ie £40 admin each month etc this amounts to £770 also have ERC when I moved from i group to i group ie borrowing more money they then changed to GE Money as you probably know . As they only offeered £200 put in claim for £770 but ERC for £2100 as was not moving away from lender . I also note £500 broker fee and lenders application fee £500 seems steep but didnt claim that and note Purple loans was broker guess whoo they are owned by yes I group can I try to claim that back too ?

Have written several letters have faxed receipts they dont answer and dont call back awful to deal with any help on this matter on these areas would be helpful .

1 ERC claim

2 Charge Claim

3 Possession order can I ask for strike as I was disputing my charges before they did it and got my claim in before theirs ?

4 Can I use them not answering my questions or answeing my offers ?

4 What about Broker Purple loan fee whan it is same company and application fee

Guidance please Im doing my best but GE want to screw me into the ground

Regards Gaz

Gaz,

I know how it feels to deal with this company. We were ready to go to Court for the Possesion order, but GE accepted our extra monthly amount the day before the Court date.

I am also on the assumption that a Possesion order can not be granted for arrears under 3 months (ours was 2 months in arrears) and that is why they accepted our proposal instead of going to Court (even though I really wanted to attend as it would of been a laugh for them justfing why they are asking for a Possesion order on 2 months in arrears and also we made payment plans that they declined)

I claimed for the ERC we paid when we remortgaged (£1300) but I accepted a reduced settlement of £500, thanks to Mr G Vowles (GE solicitors) as I believed that I might not win, as other cases had lost.

Can't do anything about the broker fee, trust me.

If anything, as long as you have got all your paperwork and GE correspondance (including recorded delivery slips etc) I would go to Court. The last thing a Judge would want to do is for you to lose your home, and it has to be drastic circumstances for this. A Judge has to put both claims on a level heading.

I hope this helps, any more advice please feel free to ask.

I have many years experience of these Ba***rds!!

• 2 weeks later...

my case has been listed, GE have counterclaimed for costs and askef for strike out, no AQ yet from the court??

has anyone had GE using the conditions for costs?

my conditions look entirely unlawful under unfair terms regs.

okay, spoke to the court, they have sent an N244 along with the defence which I did not realise is their application notice and this is listed.

anyone, any advice as time running out.

bump

so next more specific question

do I need to say anything on my N244 about their application for costs, i.e. that I do not think it fair or reasonable to request this?

need to get this in quickly.

• 2 months later...