Cap One, SAR/CCA/Charges

delta6370

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5163 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

I sent Cap One two letters, both of which were signed for on the 3 July. One was the SAR, which they complied with within the week. The other was a CCA, which to date they have not sent me.

Have sent prelim for charges (with CI), didn't hear anything so went down to Post Office with LBA yesterday. Came home to find an offer letter of the difference between what I paid on some charges and the £12 that they say they are sticking to, plus about £30 for the inconvenience of any interest I may have paid.

My biggest concern is that they have not replied to the CCA request, but have sent the regular statement to me requesting payment. It also said in the offer letter that I should continue to pay each month until the charges dispute is solved.

So what do I do about this statement? Do I pay it or ignore it as I haven't received the CCA? I am getting hopelessly lost with all this now.

Firstly see this post about Cap1's charges.

Secondly, the CCA issue is entirley seperate and needs to be treated as such. On my reckonning they have until 15 August to comply with your request under the CCA although you should tell them that, as they have not replied by 15 July (12 days), the account is now in default and puruant to s78(6) of the CCA 1974 (as amended) they have no right to enforce it, specifically

1) they cannot (ansd must not) demand payment and you don't need to offer payment

2) they must not add and charges or interest to the account

3) they must not pass on any information about the account to any third party (especially any DCA or CRA)

Steven

Using CAG Toolbar will generate much needed income - Download Here

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

GE Money Won unconditionally May 2007

NatWest Won unconditionally August 2007

Brighthouse Won unconditionally August 2007

Goldfish Won unconditionally April 2008 (including CI on the basis of Sempra)

Clydesdale Financial Services (now BPF) Won unconditionally February 2008

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.