paragon rip off

micki
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6047 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi i am also peed off with paragon borrowed 9000 quid 6 years ago. lost my job so they directed me to the c.c.c.s. we have paid aprox 6ooo back to them. but received a letter stating debt passed on to arrow receivables, the amount was for over 14,000. not knowing what to do i contacted national debt helpline who told me to join this website. so here i am can anyone give me any advice thanks. im not a wizz on the old computer but i get buy. and where will i find a template for the letter for a subject access request thanks:???:

• Haha 1

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

thanks Rory i have been told not to sign the letters, but to print the name as these firms can be rather unscrupulous. what do you think i will send them both off tomorrow and fingers crossed. and it is such a help to find out you are not the only person to have problems with the same firms ;)

thanks Rory i have been told not to sign the letters, but to print the name as these firms can be rather unscrupulous. what do you think i will send them both off tomorrow and fingers crossed. and it is such a help to find out you are not the only person to have problems with the same firms ;)

It is good practice not to sign them or of you do use a signature that's totally unlike your own...

do you think i should send the request letters to paragon or arrow. the letter i received from arrow said that they were the data controller of the personal details contained in the records of this account

I think the SAR should go to Paragon as they would have appeared to add a lot of charges to the account. Send the CCA request to Arrow and also ask them for a statement of account (which is free).

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Certainly have a go at stopping them, although you should make this months payment if it's inside the 12 working days.

I would also think about changing your debit card so that paragon can't take payments without your authorisation (this has happened before with other companies).

wonderin if i should pay the cca and S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) fees with cheque or postal orders or am i just being paranoid

In the past, I have done mine by cheque and had no problems... but after reading of the possibility of sigs. being scanned onto docs., you may opt for a PO... for a CCA request at least.

:)

I have always used PO's. Okay they cost a bit more but I don't like signing anything where these people are concerned.

Hi sent letters yesterday using postal orders and recorded delivery. is it 12 working days i have to wait for the agreement or just 12 days. and i just want to thank everyone for their help cheers

It's 12 full working days from receipt of your request.

• 4 weeks later...

ahi again have had a reply from paragon about the s.a.r.. they are getting the information i require it was all very polite (for now). but i havnt had a reply from arrow with the c.c.a. and its well over the 12 days now i even allowed for postal strikes. i was just thinking the letter i recieved was from arrow saying they have the debt but halfway down the letter it said transcom were dealing with our account, so do you think i should have sent the request for the c.c.a to transcom instead of arrow global.:confused:and what doyou think i should do next. and i dont know if it helps but i still have my part of the original agreement documents for the loan

the headed paper was arrow global which seems to be the parent group of transcom.i could always send the request to transcom aswell just to cover myself. i have just been going through some of the other paragon/arrow horror stories which has made me even more worried how do they get away with it thank god there are people like yourselves to help us:)transcom have left many messages for us to ring them but we havnt rang them back. and the pre payments made to paragon with the debit card have not been requested from the bank by paragon

It shouldn't be necessary to send another CCA request off to Transcom, but if it makes you feel happier... then for the cost of £1 and rec. delivery... just do it.

One my creditors nearly sent me round the twist with this kind of behaviour several months ago... passing from pillar to post; from in-house DCA to Head Office company to original creditor and back to in-house DCA.... all threatening this and that via solicitors.

It can drive you nuts unless you take control...

• 2 weeks later...

hi still didnt recieve the cca from arrow/transcom but i have got the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) information from paragon, and the interest is three times the monthly payment i have been making to them they were asked from the cccs to stop the intrest but to no avail. dont know what to do next have ignored all transcom phone messages to ring them back. what do you suggest. and is it a good thing that i still have the original agreement forms.and according to the sar paragon have only rang us six times in 7 years (yeah right) we have had that many calls in one week.

• 3 weeks later...

As they are currently in default of your request, then you can stop payments after 12 working days from their receipt of it.... providing that you have still retained proof that the request was made. Other than that, there's no need for you to do anything.

I'm pretty sure that they will contact you at some point. If this is by 'phone , then hang up. If it's by letter, then come back on here for ways to deal with it.

:)

I'm in the same situation with CBS Transcom. They are ignoring me. I even tried to call them and was tols that my account was flagged and they weren't allowed to talk to me about it. They promised that a manager would contact me but nothing happened. I have since written to them and told them to contact me by letter as I won't speak to them on the phone. Two can play that game!

If they aren't contacting you, just wait. Let them make the next move. That's what I would do, anyway.

Hi,

I'm in eactly the same situation. Sent CCA request beginning of July heard nothing. Wrote follow-up letter end of August and still haven't heard anything. I stopped my payment two months ago (which was through CCCS) and most loan sharks would write to you immediately saying "Where's my payment" but not a sausage! What I want to know is have they frozen our account or are they still charging us huge interest each month?

We've complained about them to Trading Standards who are on the case (although I haven't heard from them for a couple of weeks now).

We're not sure what our next course of action should be, maybe complain to the Financial Ombudsman?

This company is ripping off so many people they need to be taught a lesson or two!

Regards

Wolfhead

I understood that if you have requested CCA and waited 12+2+30 days and not recieved the info, then they have committed a criminal act and cannot charge you interest, or ask for payment until they provide the documents.

Someone on here might have more knowledge on this, but that's the way I see it.

Shonk

After the 12 working days from receipt of your request they can not lawfully enforce the debt, which includes asking you for payment or charging interest. After a further calendar month they commit a summary criminal offence. The 2 days only refer to how long you could expect it to take for a letter to be delivered by 1st class post. If you send a letter recorded delivery obviously you do not use the 2 days rule as you know when the letter was received.