What is a reasonable charge?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5172 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone tell me what is considered a reasonable charge that banks can make for the following:

Overdraft Interest

Account Charges

Unpaid Standing Orders or Direct Debits

Overdraft Excess Fees

Should the reasonable amount of charge be deducted from the amount that they actually took out of my account on each occasion? For example if they took £40 out for O/draft excess fees and the reasonable amount should have been £5 would the amount I can claim back be £35?

Regards

Clare

Clare, you should claim all the charges, every penny of every charge - you do not know what is a reasonable charge, as you do not know their true cost, nobody does and until they reveal them to us, or make a counterclaim for their true costs, then we treat the entire charge as a penalty.

Under the law a finding of penalty makes any contractual claim unenforceable in its entirety and the defendant would then only be able to counterclaim for their actual costs which they would have to plead and prove individually.

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

Hello Hagenuk

Thank you for this. I complained once to the bank after being charged £220 in the space of 2 months and asked how they thought that I could keep on top of things with those sorts of amounts being deducted from my account when I was clearly struggling. Their response was that when I opened my account I entered into a contract with them and that the fee rates were stated and that the amounts deducted were correct. I just blubbed and left it at that!

Now I'm going to try and get my money back and I won't need to blub anymore :)