Halifax Credit Card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6397 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent a DPA request and cheque to halifax bank plc

IM not sure if this is correct for a credit card account any advice would be helpful!

Antj87

COME ON LLOYDS WERE IS UR CHRISTMAS SPIRIT

PAY THE NICE PEOPLE OF CAG THER MONEY

SO FAR:

LLOYDS TSB:

29/05/06, - Data Protection Act sent

15/06/06, - Staements recived

19/06/06, 10:00 - Phoned Copy Statement Unit(0121 633 5452) - told them they didnt send full statements.

19/06/06, 11:00 - Call From Copy Staement Unit, Sending ALL Statements again INCLUDING the missing 3 Years.

24/06/06, - Statements recived

27/06/06, - Prelim Sent

03/07/06, - Standed Letter recived - LBA SENT

05/07/06, - More Statements recived

[email protected]

• 3 months later...

I have just received statements from Halifax Card Services and don't understand the letter that came with it?

they say "In relation to the recent statement issued by OFT, Bank of Scotland has agreed to reduce their credit card fees to £12. This took effect from 1st August..

The fees you were charged were in line with the t & c's of your account abd in view of this we will not be refunding any charges applied."

Does this mean they have relaised they were overcharging and therefore have reeduced their charge amount by £18 as of 1st August 2006, and that makes it all better forget the samll issue of fleecing me out of £480 over the past 3 years???????? Do I send LBA as normal, customized for Credit Card company...?

Help would be appreciated

Carol

:cool: 20/07/06 - DPL sent

11/08/06 - Chased and faxed DPL letter to Halifax

1 week later received full set of statements (4 yrs)

:o 19/08/06 - Request for £2908.31 letter sent inc interest

:-| 22/08/06 - Standard resp rec'd

:oops: 5/09/06 - Offer of £236 rec'd (are they avin a laff?)

5/08/06 - Sent LBA

8/09/06 sent letter, will accept as part settlement from Halifax not full etc.

12/09/06 - Rec'd offer of £657 (6 mnths charges as full settlement)

15/09/06 - sent letter will accept as part payment on understanding I will recover the remainder etc...

:confused: 19/09/06 - Rec'd another offer of £717? No Deal!

25/09/06 - submitted moneyclaim for full amount + court costs

:D 29/09/06 - Halifax settled in full, £3,028.31

23/10/06 - Halifax credit card settled in full

20/1106 - MBNA stettled in full

23/1106 - Halifax cardcash settled in full

I sent a Data Protection Act request and cheque to halifax bank plc

IM not sure if this is correct for a credit card account any advice would be helpful!

Antj87

Theres a post in the Halifax forum with the details of the Credit card address,

follow it here- http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank/18481-halifax-credit-card.html#post143119

Also theres a thread with a number for the Visa complaints department here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank/7486-direct-phone-number-halifax.html#post53298

Not sure if the address will make a differrence or not, how long ago did you send the request/cheque? Have they cashed the cheque yet?

Best answer is probably to call the VISA number in the thread above and ask if the request has been received/dealt with.

Good Luck

I have just received statements from Halifax Card Services and don't understand the letter that came with it?

they say "In relation to the recent statement issued by OFT, Bank of Scotland has agreed to reduce their credit card fees to £12. This took effect from 1st August..

The fees you were charged were in line with the t & c's of your account abd in view of this we will not be refunding any charges applied."

Does this mean they have relaised they were overcharging and therefore have reeduced their charge amount by £18 as of 1st August 2006, and that makes it all better forget the samll issue of fleecing me out of £480 over the past 3 years???????? Do I send LBA as normal, customized for Credit Card company...?

Help would be appreciated

Carol

Hi please start your own thread so that we can answer you and youo dont get lost in this thread:D

you are entitled to reclaim all the charges all they are trying to do is fobb you off. read the faqs they will guide you.:D