Bank Charges Consumer Charter

Michael Browne
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6064 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll ponder it.

Thanks caro, the more people thinking about this the better.

LTSB £9,356 settled in full through the FOS

SIGN the petition to make banks deal with charges

COMPLAIN to your MP about the FSA waiver and the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT

Test Case is being handled.

I think you may have missed this. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/110322-bank-charges-consumer-charter.html

Zoot did post earlier that comments up to 4th August had been forwarded to the relevant parties.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi Perseus,

You have obviously put a lot of thought and effort into this, It deserves to e rewarded with some action.:)

COMPLAIN to your MP about the FSA waiver and the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT

Its a big deal - a monumental test case for 100s of thousands of bank and credit customers with the penalty clause being tested too.

As many have said, we need a combined effort, but one that is strong, accurate, factual and professional.

That's enough reward for us all!

Thanks muggy!

If my advice has helped, please click on my scales. Thank you!

MBNA - CRA file to be cleared then finished!

Abbey Personal - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court

Capital One - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court

GMAC - Sent DCA SAR 9th March 07 - confirmed not legally assigned.

Waiting for GMAC to provide breakdown of charges and CCA under s79

Alliance & Leicester - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court.

I think you may have missed this. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/110322-bank-charges-consumer-charter.html

Zoot did post earlier that comments up to 4th August had been forwarded to the relevant parties.

And no-one posted up any comments regarding content prior to that date? :eek:

If my advice has helped, please click on my scales. Thank you!

MBNA - CRA file to be cleared then finished!

Abbey Personal - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court

Capital One - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court

GMAC - Sent DCA SAR 9th March 07 - confirmed not legally assigned.

Waiting for GMAC to provide breakdown of charges and CCA under s79

Alliance & Leicester - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court.

And no-one posted up any comments regarding content prior to that date? :eek:

I certainly did, Perseus, as I think did many others. Mine were certainly ignored as they questioned the £5 charge and the six year 'limit' amongst other things.

thats what i meant its the banks trojan horse thanks for the correction muggy lol the dissemination by caro is about right even though i would like to see the data protection in their and to be classed as a contract or terms only .taxman judge and inland revenue and other goverment authorities ive had my say by the way i am not bickering with anyone everyones imput is invaluable and helpful on this subject of the charter

Hi Patrick,

Keep up the good work.

i am just wondering how many DEFAULTS have been registered in the UK by Banks & CRA companies...particuraly on the DeFAULTS not being processed lawfully...because i am writing to my MP plus another MP who i know absolutely hates this type of action and considers it underhand and it forces the Backstreet Money lenders to come in and Profit from others misery anyone any idea s how to collate this data

one of the main reasons for this enquiry is to try to get a goverment AUDIT into the dealings between the DCA and their relationship with the Banks.i beleive this is a valid point because we have all seen time and time again that they the (dca /bank oand other)have been acting with absolute impunity against the legal and due process of the law ..perhaps the NEW ICO investigation may have some results and i think this is partly because of groups like CAG and others have put some presure on them to start acting like they are supposed to,,To Police the Banks and others although we know their have been times when they have partly ignored some important issues that we presumed were important enough ,perhaps because of the overload on the ICO they could nt act quickly enough and gave some rushed advice.so i think if we all on CAG write to the NEW ICO Investigations enquiry with our thoughts...

said enough i just hope the MODS can come with sugestions where we all think some issues need to be addressed

patrickq1

i am just wondering how many DEFAULTS have been registered in the UK by Banks & CRA companies.
For Info - the Credit Reference Agencies do not register defaults - they merely make the data available to their subscribers.

Technical point, I know, but important to make the distinction.

Mac

• 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

I see the charter is really doing well. Not been up that long but already nearly 4,500 have already signed it. It's looking really good. Nice to see everyone behind it. Just shows what you can do if you have some clout.

How many have sent the letter of to the MP's now? Have we reached 100 yet?

• Haha 1

thanks macboy i aint to clever on the Technical point, I know, but important to make the distinction,but i think you have the jist of what was meant all this dca pca ppi pp oh i have a limited memory bank that shuts down after two hours then i recover about 80% but its the little bits i miss,probably the important bits but i will try to be more careful thanks mac i think i might have meant DCA and banks and other finance institutions

I see the charter is really doing well. Not been up that long but already nearly 4,500 have already signed it. It's looking really good. Nice to see everyone behind it. Just shows what you can do if you have some clout.

How many have sent the letter of to the MP's now? Have we reached 100 yet?

Hi destiny,

None of the various petitions on this subject are doing well, surprise surprise. but this one has the most signatories.

I'll not sign up to anything like this charter as it is and will be a bit annoyed if it gets put forward without some tweaking.

Perseus has made some valid points so far in this thread and I think some of these points should be taken into consideration.

My personal opinion is that a penalty charge is unlawful if the person levying it ie the bank makes a profit. This is undeniably what we have been fighting for over a number of years now. Banks can not make profit from charges we believe to be penalties. If we then turn around and say £5 is a fair maximum charge we are contradicting all that we believe in.

Banks will still be making 100%+ profit from a £5 charge we all know that and they would have disclosed before now if they could justify their costs.

My second point why I am not in agreement of this charter is because I am not happy being fleeced by the banks pre 6 years and I am working to get this back too. By signing up to this and for it to be submitted to whoever for discussion/comment or whatever the point is of this document (I call it a document as its not a charter IMHO more of a statement) I feel this would say to the banks we all agree to 6 year limitation periods being ok and that they have not been deliberately concealing their charging regime from us for x amount of years.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo o

No no no no no is what I say and this is not meant to be a dig at anyone involved in its development, i'm sure you have had a busy day/week?.....

But this sort of thing should not be rushed into.

Tanz

P.S If I get a CAGbot message for this I will ROFLMAO as theres nothing wrong with it.....

Apart from spelling lol

Just wanna add that I won't be signing either for the reasons already pointed out on this thread. (I have signed others)

Excellent post Tanz btw - I think it more or less sums this up :)

links to my current claims ...

My claim - Yorkshire Bank Visa

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Chezt v RBS Joint Account

chezt v Abbey Credit Card

Settled ...

chezt V Duet Card/Creation Finance

chezt v's Studio Cards

chezt v's Littlewoods Catalogue

Next ...

Abbey Joint a/c & Single a/c

Barclaycard (Mine & Hubby's)

Anyone else I can think of ...! :rolleyes:

The Fool one is very clear and is aimed at getting the waiver lifted.

Make UK Banks Deal with Bank Charges*-*Online Petition

Midge - I like this one - its clear,concise,unambiguous, does not pre-judge the issue,makes no offers to the banks, and seeks merely to get the waiver lifted by the FSA to force banks to continue handling claims, and to allow Court claims to continue. In simple terms, I like it! Many thanks for providing the link.

All the best - Adam

I do my best to be helpful, but at the end of the day I'm not a professional - please seek further advice if you're not sure. On the other hand, if I have helped, please click my scales - thanks ;)

Current Claims (all for friends!) -

Abbey - over £4k - Court claim issued & AQ filed ('Tish vs Abbey'). Alloc'n Hearing 21 Sept - Claim stayed 29/8/07.

Cap One - just under £2k - WON (just over 2k!)('Tish vs Cap One')

Cap One - just under £1000 - WON (just over £1k) Nov 07 (JimmyBoy vs Cap One)

Lloyds TSB - £3.5k - Court claim issued, defence rec'd and AQ filed; Alloc'n hearing 7th Sept Claim stayed 29/8/07! (JimmyBoy vs Lloyds')

MBNA - over £1k for mis-sold PPI - WON - approx £1500(IpswichWitch vs MBNA . . .)

Midge - I like this one - its clear,concise,unambiguous, does not pre-judge the issue,makes no offers to the banks, and seeks merely to get the waiver lifted by the FSA to force banks to continue handling claims, and to allow Court claims to continue. In simple terms, I like it! Many thanks for providing the link.

All the best - Adam

It still suggests that we agree to the limitations act being 6 years I would argue it being not applicable to charges claims as the banks must have known and thats why they refuse to disclose.

Hi Tanz

i didn't read it like that I thought it was just stating that the FSA have no powers over this. The way I read the FSA statement is that the banks have agreed to NOT to count the year that the case will take towards the 6 year limitation.