FSA To Review Waiver

crfx250
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5941 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Went to court again today as a court buddy. My friend against Nasty West.

Barrister ( Justin Timson-Smith) for barclays easily got it stayed. Judge didn't even listen to my friend. Told her that all cases are going to be stayed without exception, telling her that february was not a long time to wait

Burnley County Court

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just been digging around to see what other MPs have been saying on the subject of charges - they support the cause, so I might write and find out their views on the latest from the FSAs decision to suspend consumers rights over this matter.

http://www.libdems.org.uk/economy/house-of-commons-westminster-hall-bank-penalty-charges.6289.html

Beat the Bank Robbers - Trish Godman MSP - Labour MSP for West Renfrewshire

“CHALLENGE UNFAIR BANK CHARGES” SAYS MP AFTER LAURA v. GOLIATH TEST CASE

Dr. Alasdair McDonnell M.P. Social Democratic and Labour Party MP for Belfast South

MPs hear call for action on bank charges

Jim Devine MP

• Haha 1

The Waiver is an FSA Conspiracy with the banks against the consumer - Complain to your MP and the FSA about their shameful act!

Fantastic work done there Kog. I think a letter or e mail to these people will help our cause.

I think only from one person though along the lines of...

Although I am not one of your constituents, I would appreciate your kind help in resolving a matter which is affecting thousands of people all over the country. We have been contacting our local MP's about this matter, but I write to you as I see that you have had grave concerns about this matter with your own constituents in the past. And attach the letter.

Any coments/help/suggestions?

And how come my number of posts aren't moving?I'm still on 557

In the absence of any help here, Just e mailed Which? to see if they can help.
Good call DoS - well done. Let us know how you get on.
  • 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

Ok, the key thing with MPs is they have a job as long as we vote for them.

In theory the Labour Party should be championing this for the people, and the Conservatives arguing that it is down to the courts to decide, but that they understand our concerns, and as they are not in power will be our champion just to annoy labour.

In my mind, the best people to hit - at Party level, would be the Lib Dems as they have champoned this cause a great deal, and are always looking for surefast ways to gain some voters.

So I would stress that all Caggers should send the template email to their MP, possibly adding, if they are Cons or LibDems, that you can see this is something that the givernment havn't helped, or have even generated, themselves.

Peter

Sign my petition to the Prime Minister here:

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

John v Rees (1970). Justice Megarry" It may be that there are some who would decry the importance of the rules of natural justice. ......those who take this view do not, I think, do themselves justice. As everybody who has anything to do with the law well knows, the path of the law is strewn with examples of open and shut cases which, somehow, were not: of unanswerable charges which, in the event, were completely answered ; with inexplainable conduct which was fully explained; ........ nor are those with any knowledge of human nature who pause to think for a moment likely to underestimate the feelings of resentment of those who find there is a decison against them as being made without their being afforded any opportunity to influence the course of events."

Hi all

Just to say no news on my letters to the papers - not even an email saying thanks but no thanks Grrrrrrrrr :mad:

But any replies I post on the Abbey forum I am asking people to join the campaign and write to their MP's - trying to do a little bit to help!

DoS, that quote above is fantastic - it sums up the current situation to a tee. if I don't get anywhere with the press, I may write a revised letter using part of that quote, if that's ok?

Jo xx

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

Have just read the pdf file (http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/direction_disp.pdf) in Kenny's note and to confirm I received a letter from Halifax dated 1st August in response to my second claim against them (another £130 pounds since my last victory!!) this letter pretty much word for word was taken from scenario 1 in the PDF......

should I continue with my time line i.e LBA letter??? :)

Hi all

Just to say no news on my letters to the papers - not even an email saying thanks but no thanks Grrrrrrrrr :mad:

But any replies I post on the Abbey forum I am asking people to join the campaign and write to their MP's - trying to do a little bit to help!

DoS, that quote above is fantastic - it sums up the current situation to a tee. if I don't get anywhere with the press, I may write a revised letter using part of that quote, if that's ok?

Jo xx

Yes Jo, use it by all means, it's free on the web to anyone. Sorry to hear about the papers, there may still be time.

Received an e mail from a fellow CAG member this morning. She put a post on the MSE forum telling them about this thread with a link to it and also links to MP site etc..

IT WAS PULLED WITHIN 15 MINS. I THINK THAT JUST ABOUT SUMS THINGS UP???????

This problem is something I have been trying to overcome. I have noticed and do understand why moderators remove links to other groups. So I figured if I put info about this complain campaign on another, unralated site, then it might be possible mods will keep the links.

And it does seem to have worked, also the leaflet works, in that its not removed, because there is no direct link to a particular group.

The Waiver is an FSA Conspiracy with the banks against the consumer - Complain to your MP and the FSA about their shameful act!

If you take a good luck around the MSE site, you will see numerous threads linking to this site for templates etc... Some links put there by MODs.

This friend has PM'd a MOD about this and had no reply, which I find to be extrmely arrogant and ignorant!

And this thread was pulled- so links to the templates etc... are OK but links to our little campaign are not it seems

I can't even post on MSE, I joined up on the weekend but they don't seem to wanna reply to me. Maybe this waiver has rocked their heads so much they're in a totasl spin.:D

Received an e mail from a fellow CAG member this morning. She put a post on the MSE forum telling them about this thread with a link to it and also links to MP site etc..

IT WAS PULLED WITHIN 15 MINS. I THINK THAT JUST ABOUT SUMS THINGS UP???????

Hi Mods.

Can I ask if this is something that you can please assist us with. This is something that folk have put an awful lot of work into. Everyone appreciates how busy you are at this incredidibly trying time for us all and that your time is valuable.

However, this work is being done for the benefit of all claimants and some clarity and guidance would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks in anticipation.

If you take a good luck around the MSE site, you will see numerous threads linking to this site for templates etc... Some links put there by MODs.

This friend has PM'd a MOD about this and had no reply, which I find to be extrmely arrogant and ignorant!

And this thread was pulled- so links to the templates etc... are OK but links to our little campaign are not it seems

I pm's martin personally to ask for this thread and link to be put on the MSE website, only to be told that he is going down a slightly different route. He will complete the bank consumer charter then speak to the MP's. I told him we would continue to plug away so that when he finally got around to talking to the MP's they knew what he was talking about and where already doing something about it.

Does any one have any information on banks in other countries; whether they levy similar charges on customers' accounts for purported 'breaches of contract/agreement'?

I think the general rule of thumb is those that don't charge like ours, have annual or monthly fees; those that do charge like us, don't have monthly fees.

Although our banks, never one to miss out on a money spinner, generally 'offer' the option for us to pay for our accounts anyway! Tut tut!

I know that doesn't really answer your Q - sorry, but it gives an indication of what happens...just not where!

P

Sign my petition to the Prime Minister here:

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

Stay focused keep those complaints to MPs and the FSA rolling if you have already complained then try encourage others to complain.

Has anyone had any reply from the FSA - I have't heard a peep from the rabble. They've battend down the hatches, has anyone complained to the FSA, I did but not a peep.

This waiver can be lifted, if people can get the government to repeal the Poll Tax laws under Thatcher, they can get this nonsense removed also.

But we must unite, and keep buggering on - KBO as Winston Churchill used to say.

It would seem the banks are having fun at our expense - we are all fighting one another, we need to stick together and that includes MOD and site helpers!

I am loosing faith in CAG :mad:

Moneyhelp, this has been a difficult time for everyone since the OFT announcement. We are all with you and want you with us!

Your expertise, support, friendlieness and nature are incredible assets to CAG. Lets all stick together on this.

• Haha 1