FSA To Review Waiver

crfx250
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5939 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone else have a 45 min blackout on this site

The Waiver is an FSA Conspiracy with the banks against the consumer - Complain to your MP and the FSA about their shameful act!

Looks like site was down for maintenance or an outage. It remained on network, but it was inaccessible for as you say, about 45 mins.

• 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

I wasn't sure if it was my PC.

Thanks

MacBoy

The Waiver is an FSA Conspiracy with the banks against the consumer - Complain to your MP and the FSA about their shameful act!

Hi all

Been out tonight, and couldn't get in at 6 ish because of the maintenance or whatever it was.

Anyway, Macboy, DoS, et al, thank you very much for the input - I should have just asked you guys to write it for me in the first place :D but at least I tried!

Will email the editor tonight - no time like the present! I am also going to send it to the Daily Mail - they seem to be in our corner, so why not!?

Thanks again all - watch this space, as they say!

Jo xx :)

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

Both letters sent - got an auto-response from DM regarding the number of letters they receive, can't publish them all, etc etc, but heyho I am trying. :D

No witty responses to that thanks! ;)

Jo xx :)

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

Order!.... Orrrr-derrrr!!

:D Good morning everybody!

We're starting the day out with 46 of 646 MPs! written to in the 'List Of MPs' thread.

That's JUST 600 TO GO! Let's see if we can get that up to 75-100 today!

• Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

I wrote to my MP/MEPs using an edited version of Destinyofsouls' letter (thanks for that), and I've had a less than satisfactory reply from one of the MEPs. I would like to respond, but would like some comments/advice first. Am I allowed to post the reply on here, and if so should I remove the name etc? There are some interesting comments in the reply.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Adamat47 - see my post here ;)

reallymadwoman - yes you are OK to post the reply on here - it's a good idea to 'de-sentisise' it of any of your personal information first, however.

As for the unsatisfactory reply from the Euro MP - can't say I'm surprised, myself... :roll:

Write to your MP and

Order Order let the man speak. I like it MacBoy, the image is very formal and reassuring.:D

kog - I hope no one thinks it's a self-portrait :lol: Order!....would the Right Honourable gentlemen care to sit down, please?

Write to your MP and

This is the reply from an MEP, with names etc removed.

XXXX MEP has asked me to thank you for your email and to reply

as he is currently travelling. He was sorry to hear you were caught in

the midst of this dispute.

In fairness to the OFT, they have led the way for compensation by

forcing the banks to concede this in the last few years.

However, as I understand it, there are complex legal issues involved and

there was the danger that if the courts ruled in favour of the banks the

OFT would find itself on the wrong side of the law. In addition there

is the risk that some people would have to pay back compensation

previously given.

All parties therefore agreed that the matter ought to be finally settled

via a test case which would clarify the law. This is to everyone's

benefit as it lifts uncertainty and resolves all the outstanding

disputes. It strikes me that it probably is the best solution.

In your case you cannot be certain you would have been given any

compensation and may have wasted a great dela of effort and time

pursuing a claim. At least now the matter will be settled without you

needing to do this.

Best wishes

XXXXX

Assistant to XXXX MEP

I was actually complaining about the fact that whilst we have no means of pursuing claims the banks are continuing to charge and to insist on repayment of debts entirely comprised of charges. In my case I will be claiming about £7000 but in the meantime, whilst on benefits, I have to repay a £3000 overdraft.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

I was thinking of replying with something along these lines.

Dear XXXX

Thank you for your prompt response (about 12 hours). I agree that the test case is necessary, however I am complaining about the fact that consumers are being prevented from taking any action whilst the case progresses, which could take years, but in the meantime the banks are allowed to not only continue with charges which will almost certainly be found to be unlawful but also to continue taking money from someone on benefits due to disability to repay a debt which is far smaller than the total charges applied to the account.

If the banks were so sure of their grounds, why have they settled so many claims, often on the steps of the court, instead of allowing cases to be heard and decided in court? I have absolute confidence that when my case is allowed to proceed, I will be as successful as the other thousands of claimants, but in the meantime I believe that the banks should be placed in the same position as consumers in that they should be prevented from applying further charges and also from pursing debts comprised of charges. This would at least balance the scales somewhat.

Any comments or suggestions?

RMW

Yes, some |MP's will take the banks side, but not all.

As to the MP's reply it is clear he's not in possession of the full facts on this issue.

The poor man was probably rushed off his feet play croquet with his fiends.

I suggest the template letter, be further refined.

It should be a little more forceful, something to the effect

I am a constituant in XZY and have voted for xyz... I consider this issue very strongly as do many of my friends and family.

In other words do something (other than playing croquet) or you lose my vote!

Martin lewis is on ITV at 11.25. You can e mail questions to him @ itv.com

And perpetuating the 6-year Statute of Limitations myth I see.. :roll:

Write to your MP and

Thumbs up to Martin - pitty he couldn't get more in, he did try though:D

had a lovely reply from my MP Phil Hope today ,, also said if you have knowledge of any individuals who are constituents of mine and are adversely affected by the delay in this case , please suggest they contact me personally and i will be happy to write to the FSA on their behalf and provide further advice ,, yeyy think he may be on our side lol .. so if my court case gets stayed i know where im heading ,, he gave me a list of his surgeries ect,, what a nice man smile.gif

I had a nice reply from my MP, Patrick Hall - Bedford, yesterday. I hope people who look on the roll call of MPs thread do not get put off contacting their MP because they are already on the list. The more letters individual MPs receive the more seriously they are likely to take it.

Chrissie

Well done Chrisieo

Come on people keep complaining to the FSA, MP's FOS and the OFT. If you have already complained, job well done, but if all who have already complained try and get at least one other person to do the same and so on and so on, we'll really get this ball rolling.